• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Question on New BB Golden Fleece Regent???

jasonsun

Reaction score
I was at the madison ave flagship store today and saw a regent golden fleece (not the 1818) that's retailed for $2400, does anyone know who makes them? It says made in Italy, and think it's super 150. The regular golden fleece was only retailed $1600, so not sure what the difference is.

I did notice the regent GF was slimmer than the regular GF, i'm a 38 size and fitted the 40 regent GF perfectly....very interesting Suit.

How would you rank the GF vs the Canali mainline?

Thanks All

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Regular US made Golden Fleece is by Martin Greenfield in Brooklyn.

Golden Fleece Italy may be anything, gotta see the label first. Quality is much higher than Canali mainline.

jasonsun

Reaction score
I did a quick glance on the suit, there wasn't any label besides the normal one that suggests the maker, maybe i'm looking at the wrong place; Let me know where it would commonly be found and i'll get back to you with a pic or something. (I purchase it untailored and have them shipped to NJ to avoid tax, figure if it wasn't what i was looking for i can still return it.)

I was very suprised this particual line of GF had such good quality (then again, i'm a newcome to this, so take it with a grain of salt) as i was at the Canali boutique few weeks ago and Canali mainline felt okay, nothing extordinary and Canali Executive line was obviously softer and cut was more aggresive.

Thanks

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How much did you pay for the suit? Didn't they take measurements and offered to alter the suit?GF made in US suits are usually sent back to Greenfield for adjustments,I am not sure about GF made in Italy suits though.Can you post some pics after you get the suit?

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
post the picture of the label on the inside chest pocket.

jasonsun

Reaction score
I purchased it for just over a thousand...they offered the tailor, but i didn't want to have the suit tailor as i wasn't sure about the style or the maker, so i have them shipped to NJ untailor, that way if it turns out not what i wanted i can still return it and i can always bring it back for tailor.

I should get them either friday or Monday, so definitely will submit picture once recieved.

x26

Reaction score
I'm curious about this myself.
I've been waiting for a Regent fit GF for a while.
I await additional info.
Thanks in Advance

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Interesting. I didn't think the Greenfield suits retailed for so much these days.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
Interesting. I didn't think the Greenfield suits retailed for so much these days.

These are the Made in Italy Golden Fleece, so not Greenfield.

Perhaps BB is reestablising relationship with Isaia?

jasonsun

Reaction score
The full cut GF made in USA are retailed at $1600, some (very few) was retailed at $1900.

The Regent GF made in Italy was retailed at $2400-2600, i felt awkward asking the SA where/who in Italy was it made...so hence the post here. There are still couple left on the madison store if you are interested

Will post pic once i receive them.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing awkard about it. chances are, they would not know.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
Nothing awkard about it. chances are, they would not know.

or they will just bullshit you,most of their SAs don't know all details anyways.

jasonsun

Reaction score
Akward in the sense i asked him where it was made and he already answered "some small shops in Italy, BB has been trying different shops in Italy for sometime now...." and i felt any more questioning wouldn't yield anything worth while.

Hopefully, the label will have give you folks some insights.

Does anyone know where the 1818 Fitzgerald is made in Italy...i know at one point it was made in USA, but the most recent catalog says it's made in Italy as well.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How did you get it for $1,000?

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
oops

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads