• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Question on Ferragamo Tramezza shoe line

kaczmar2

Reaction score
I stopped by my local Ferragamo store today to look at their stock. I asked the salesperson what the difference between their "studio" and "Tramezza" lines were. He said that the Tramezzas were ONLY made to order, and every other shoe they carried (in their own stores as well as what was carried at Nordstom's, etc) were from their studio line.

My understanding was that although the studio line was their lower-end product, you could still get Tramezzas without using their made to order service.

Are those the only two lines? Is there a third I'm not aware of? I saw a pair of oxford, lace up style shoes at Nordstrom's onle sale for $250 from $500, but I wasn't aware of any identifying marks to differentiate the different lines.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am not so sure he is giving you the right information

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i've personally bought RTW Tramezzas from the SF store. not MTO, i walked in, tried them on, paid for them and walked out with them. the sole and the box say "Tramezza" on them.

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tramezzas can be had as RTW in stores. however, to give the SA the benefit of the doubt, he was probably referring to his particular store, where the option of tramezza is not available and only MTO is. in some other stores that carry RTW tramezza, MTO is often not available.

the 3rd line is the mainline, which is recognized through the gold stamped label on the insole heel, and quality is slightly above studio.

if you want more information use the search button, there have been many threads on the topic of tramezzas.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am not sure why he told you this as it is incorrect. The MTO shoes from Ferragamo are indeed, Tramezza badged, but RTW Tramezza are readily available and in numerous styles. Besides the Studio line, which is actually not bad for stylish casual shoes (others will say they are overpriced, but I have never cared that I could but better constructed shoes for $400 somewhere else, as the styles appealed to me, not the construction), particularly entry level "fashion" shoes. The Lavorazione Originale are the middle tier, and are better construction than Studio, but still not as excellent as the Tramezza. Like Studio, the LO line is mainly a "fashion" shoe, but is perfectly acceptable provided you understand they won't last you forever, and if the styles/leathers/finishes appeal to you. I have a couple pair of LO that I fully intend to simply throw away when they have developed sufficient wear.

Tramezza (RTW) is excellent quality, but run north of $850 at retail. Be forewarned that they are built on a narrow last.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads