1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Question on factory placed shoe inserts

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Humoresque, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Humoresque

Humoresque New Member

Hello. I'm new to the forum but I have a recurring issue maybe I can get suggestions on.

The inside leather label in my shoes above the heel that only goes part way down; the one that has the Crockett and Jones logo on, or church's one, keeps coming off. They are only glued on, often poorly and just come off after a few days of heavy walking. What's the point? Are they supposed to be removed? I can't believe so much work would go into making these shoes only for the final insert to be glued on.
    In my shipton and heneage shoes they are sewn on properly. Much better.
    So has anyone else had this? What to do?