• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Question on cleaning wooden toggles

ang_kangkong

Reaction score
I have a toggle coat, and the toggles are made of what looks like wood, with varnish, attached to the coat with rope, or what looks like rope. Do I just send it off to the dry cleaners, or is there a special thing I should do to keep the wood from damage. I think I read I should wrap them in something, but I can't remember what.

ang_kangkong

Reaction score
Wow, didn't even see that one coming.

Anybody know a dry cleaning place that does that in NY?

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Reaction score
I'm not sure about toggles, but on some wood or unusual buttons I've seen them covered with foil before cleaning. The cleaner will do that on his own if it's necessary. I think it would be best to remove them, though.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ang_kangkong
Wow, didn't even see that one coming.

Anybody know a dry cleaning place that does that in NY?

Where are you? Downtown, Chris French & Meurice have good reputations....

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Meurice is good, but can be excruciatingly expensive. They wanted something like $75 to dryclean a cotton dress of my wifes (which cost $100). Took it to the regular cleaner, and they did the job for less than $10.

Also, when they removed the buttons on a sportcoat of mine to dryclean it after a stain, they did a terrible job attaching them. They fixed it when I asked, but still.

ang_kangkong

Reaction score
I work around 17th Street. But I think anywhere in Manhattan is doable. I just don't want to be disappointed when I get it back.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.