• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Question on Blancpain Watches

Panzeraxe

Reaction score
The website says its a 38mm case, though past experience has shown me that a 38mm for one brand may be slightly different from a 38mm for another brand due to differences in the way the measurements are taken. http://www.alanfurman.com/noframes/blancpain1.html Model # - 6263-1127-55 So here's the question - Do Blancpain's sizes run 'big'? i.e. is their 38mm comparable to a 40mm from Zenith? Thanks, Panzer

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blancpains do not wear big.  If anything, they wear a bit smaller than other brands due to the trademark double concentric circle bezel.  I am wearing my 38 mm Blancpain Aqua Lung as I type this, and it fits my relatively thin 6.75" wrist perfectly.

Panzeraxe

Reaction score
Blancpains do not wear big.  If anything, they wear a bit smaller than other brands due to the trademark double concentric circle bezel.  I am wearing my 38 mm Blancpain Aqua Lung as I type this, and it fits my relatively thin 6.75" wrist perfectly.
Thanks - that's dissapointing as I was really hoping to get that watch. Anyone else?

Panzer

seanandnik

Reaction score
they also make this watch with a brown band and a brown face, in my opinion it is the best looking watch I have eveer seen and hope to oneday own one.

William Massena

Reaction score
The website says its a 38mm case, though past experience has shown me that a 38mm for one brand may be slightly different from a 38mm for another brand due to differences in the way the measurements are taken. http://www.alanfurman.com/noframes/blancpain1.html Model # - 6263-1127-55 So here's the question - Do Blancpain's sizes run 'big'? i.e. is their 38mm comparable to a 40mm from Zenith? Thanks, Panzer
Watch measurement are similar across all manufacture, they measure the case from the exterior across the center excluding any shoulder and crown, This gives the exact diameter of the watch. These measurements are universal across Swiss watchmaker. Watchmaking is a precision industry and everyone is aware that 1mm can make a big difference. No brand runs big or small. However, optical illusions can make a 2 watches with exact same measurements look smaller or larger. The color of the dial, black dial make a watch look smaller than a white dial Thickness of the bezel: The thinner the bezel the larger the watch looks. William PS: The villeret line is 36mm Correction there seems to be 4 sizes cases in the Villeret line for men: 34mm , 36mm, 37.5mm and 40mm

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
(Panzeraxe @ Feb. 17 2005,12:40) The website says its a 38mm case, though past experience has shown me that a 38mm for one brand may be slightly different from a 38mm for another brand due to differences in the way the measurements are taken. http://www.alanfurman.com/noframes/blancpain1.html Model # - 6263-1127-55 So here's the question - Do Blancpain's sizes run 'big'? i.e. is their 38mm comparable to a 40mm from Zenith? Thanks, Panzer
Watch measurement are similar across all manufacture, they measure the case from the exterior across the center excluding any shoulder and crown, This gives the exact diameter of the watch. These measurements are universal across Swiss watchmaker. Watchmaking is a precision industry and everyone is aware that 1mm can make a big difference. No brand runs big or small. However, optical illusions can make a 2 watches with exact same measurements look smaller or larger. The color of the dial, black dial make a watch look smaller than a white dial Thickness of the bezel: The thinner the bezel the larger the watch looks. William PS: The villeret line is 36mm
In addition, Blancpain utilizes F. Piguet movements, which they in turn own (its all under the Swatch umbrela) which by design are quite compact, thus Blancpain cases have a tendency not to (how do I explain this?) "˜overfill' the area between the end of the movement and the beginning of the case with either a overly large plastic spacer or merely dead space. Thus BP cases tend to taper slightly from the beginning of the end of the bezel to the case back. Thus, this is how the impression of wearing "˜a bit smaller' is achieved. Jon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads