1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Question on a Brioni fabric

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by ollie, May 16, 2006.

1. ollie

ollie Active Member

Hi there,

lucky me i inhereted some brioni suits and tweed jackets from one of my uncles. here are two questions regarding a db black suit (the style is called caligola) : inside it is marked 60% wm and 40 % wo. what would this translate to? further, this particular suit is a bit broad on my shoulders. i had shoulders altered on cheaper suits, but i fear it could ruin the craftsmanship involved in the construction of the shoulder. what would you recommend ?

2. eHaberdasher

eHaberdasher Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Hi Ollie,

WM is Mohair, WO is wool. Regarding the shoulders - if you have yourself a very good tailor, it may be worth it altered to have it fit correctly. I always say that it is better to have a cheap suit that fits well rather than an expensive suit that is ill-fitting. But first and foremost you must have a tailor who can perform such a task with expertise.

All the best,

Ben (ebay honest*goods)

3. ollie

ollie Active Member

hi ben, thank you for your post. i absolutely share your opininion regarding the fitting of suits. but as is said my aunt gave the suit to me. the shoulders are realy only a tad bit to large. i will have to rethink the hole problem. it is pretty hard here to find an excellent tailor. as for the fabric, it is a pretty shiny black. the feel reminds me a bit of a wool/linen mixture.
    thanks again, ollie

4. ollie

ollie Active Member

good evening (at least in europe),

i solved the problem with the fit of the shoulders that i have described above.
    now i do have some more questions regarding this particular brioni suit.
    as i pointed out it is a(6-button) db suit in a quite shiny black (naturally for me, know that i know a high % is mohair).
    now, gentlemen, please your suggestions, to wich occasions would you wear a suit like this? i don`t quite see myself with this suit during daytime. i figure it would be nice for dinner or opera, when a tuxedo would be a little to much.
    regarding this, should the trousers be with or without cuff? and what about accessories? any input and suggestions are appreciated.
    thank you
    ollie

5. thinman

thinman Senior member

Rather than start another thread, I thought I'd ask my question here:

What is Brioni fabric code WV? I have a pair of Brioni trousers marked in this way. Thanks.

6. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

What is Brioni fabric code WV?

WV is virgin wool