• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Question from the latest issue of GQ magazine

lsquare

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just want to confirm that the pair of sneakers that Jake Gyllenhaal was wearing are the Converse Chuck Taylor All-stars in white? Thanks.

Ott

Reaction score
0x00ffke1.gif

Michael1981

Reaction score
In the latest issue of GQ he is wearing laceless Jack Purcells.

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
Are Jack Purcells any good? I've considered getting them for my next sneakers once these Vans break (which will be at least a year or so in actuality...).

Ott

Reaction score
they look great but they tend to shred my feet up.

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
What do you mean? You get blisters?

theshonen8899

Reaction score
I like my pair cuz they look clean and simple but they really arn't too comfortable.

minhi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jovan
Are Jack Purcells any good? I've considered getting them for my next sneakers once these Vans break (which will be at least a year or so in actuality...).

not much arch support, i think puma roma's are more comfortable (and that's not saying much), i suggest you try them on first.

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
I don't really like the styling of Pumas that much, though.

Personally, I wear insoles in my Vans now and they're a lot better because of it, so maybe I can bring them to try on shoes... if the store will let me.

Ott

Reaction score
What do you mean? You get blisters?
they literally made my heels bleed when they were new
frown.gif

mendel

Reaction score

I've got a pair of the laceless John Varvatos black w/ raw rubber Purcells that I'm wearing to death. They fall apart similarly to Chucks inside (back of heel wears, etc) but they've held up fine otherwise. Nice to have something a bit different from Chucks and Vans but still the same vibe, and I'm all about slip-ons.

1396-269589-t.jpg

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
No. God no. You shut the hell up.

Haven't you used this like three times now?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads