• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Question for sunglass experts. Searching for a particular pair of Prada shades.

mayday

Reaction score
Hello all,

Back in 2004, I got a pair of Prada SPR 59es:

http://www.eyewearandsunglasses.com/...&categoryID=23
http://www.abs-sunglasses.com/Produc...&categoryID=23

They were nice, and I still wear them from time to time. However, the pair I really wanted were a much larger version of those glasses. They came in a plastic or a metal frame. Similair to the pair Sleepy Brown is wearing in the link below.

http://cfs.tistory.com/attach/8080/1047615655.jpg

The sales lady they were brand new that year. (But then again, she would say that!).

If any knows the Prada model I'm talking about, I would be extremely grateful for that information. (And any sites that are selling them as well would be appreciated).

Have a great day,
mayday.

seamless74

Reaction score
i say look in the mirror i mean really stare at yourself hard.... and repeat these words to yourself three times....

"do i really need the PRADA sunglasses when i could buy something way cooler for cheaper"

if after saying that three times to yourself if you still want um be my guest...

mayday

Reaction score
Originally Posted by seamless74
i say look in the mirror i mean really stare at yourself hard.... and repeat these words to yourself three times....

"do i really need the PRADA sunglasses when i could buy something way cooler for cheaper"

if after saying that three times to yourself if you still want um be my guest...

So, I take it you have a low opinion of Prada sunglasses. Thanks for sharing.

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of Prada sunglasses (not the ones you want, though). Why? I have a big fat head with a flat face (aka "asian fit". Surprise! I'm also asian). I tried every single cheap $10 pair of sunglasses down in Venice beach, at The Grove, the friggin Rite Aid, etc. I tried all sorts of under $200 glasses at the various Luxo shops, and some not Luxo. I finally found that the only pair of sunglasses that fit my stupid head and that also did not make me look like a cheap Yakuza extra in a bad Hollywood chop-socky film were the $250 Pradas and, this being SoCal, I really need a pair of sunglasses because I walk just about everywhere.

Did I buy them because they were Prada? No. It's cute, in a way, but I'd rather have spent that $250 at The Body Shop or a new used guitar or something.

BTW, I just got prescription glasses and the only pair of sunglasses in the shop that would fit my head that they could turn into scripts were... Prada. Go figure. $450 for prescription sunglasses is a bit steep, though. :/

mayday

Reaction score
CharlieAngel,

You hit the nail on the head. I am a black guy, with a flat nose and a round chubby face, but I love sunglasses and I wear glasses. It really is hard to find something that fits and there have been times when I have had to walk away from a pair of frames I really liked.

I am now going through a similar process with the Cazal X Dita shades. They are large and out there, whereas I am relatively conservative, but I love them.

http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...70&postcount=5

It was when I was researching the Ditas that I remembered another large pair of sunglasses that had worked well for me a while back. That's why I started looking for the Pradas again.

It's ironic really, because these Robert Marcs are what I would normally go for.

samkhk

Reaction score
This is interesting.

I'm Asian too..but somehow perhaps my nose is not as sharp as i would like it to be and so most of the time the sunglasses that fit my face would show my brows (which i hate)

And..surprise surprise...after trying out hundreds of sunglasses...Prada was the only brand (to date) that could cover my brows, look chic, and not too in-your-face.

laugh.gif

and somehow it makes my huge forehead less so. =))

Casey

Reaction score
Wow. Not to sound redundant but I'm Asian. And I have Prada sunglasses. I snatched them up for $35 at Loehmann's because they didn't slip off my nose like all the other ones and I didn't want to let the opporunity pass. I don't know if I found a better fitting pair since then. I have found better looking ones though...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads