• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 2: MTM Shirts courtesy of Drinkwaters

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 1st auction of the year is for a Goodies from No Man Walks Alone. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Question for single guys around 30-35 years old

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Single meaning not married. . .

Do you send out holiday cards to friends? A lot of my friends are married now, and of course they send out holiday cards.

So, what do you do?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Milhouse
Single meaning not married. . .

Do you send out holiday cards to friends? A lot of my friends are married now, and of course they send out holiday cards.

So, what do you do?

Get a card service. Never worry about things again.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
No. Being single gives you the liberty to be a dick, people expect it. In fact, I'd feel weird if I sent out cards to all the people that send me one.

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If your friends didn't send out xmas cards before they were married, I wouldn't worry about it.

Personally, I just send a small number of cards to a few very close friends and relatives.... IMO it would be weird for bachelor to send out xmas cards to everyone he knows, unless it's related to sales/business.

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That works for me. Glad to know I'm not a real asshole, just a bachelor, because I don't send out cards.

farfisa23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
No. Being single gives you the liberty to be a dick, people expect it. In fact, I'd feel weird if I sent out cards to all the people that send me one.

+1 fuck them, stuck with little shit machines and a fat wife. No cards, no mercy.

ChicagoJohn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan

This.

Those guys don't send out cards anyway. Their wives send them out and make their husbands sign them. It's just another way to waste as much of his time and money as humanly possible.

Be glad you spared yourself the stupidity.

Syl

Reaction score
I got married last year. Prior to that, never once did I send out cards. Last year, my wife was shocked and "we" sent out cards. I still remember my friends a)telling me to thank my wife for the cards and b)kidding around that I'm "married" now.
This year, "we" did the cards thing again

You are a single male, no one expects that type of refinement so if you've never done it, don't worry. But if you choose to, it's not like it'll cause harm.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually tell people when they ask for my address... "please understand I won't be sending cards until I have a wife to do it for me".

In another topic, don't you guys HATE the "newsletter" style cards?

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
With everyone on facebook now, what the hell is the point of sending out cards?

Burzum

Reaction score
On occasion I make up my own style of Christmas cards and send them to maybe 6 people in total. Which is alot of effort for me. Otherwise I never bother - no point.

Most cards in the stores are just generic garbage anyway and totally uninspiring.

tricota

Reaction score
Yes. Though not excessivly. Around 10 or so. Only the most important people. People are always happy though, so I may do more in the future.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 128 17.5%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 234 31.9%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 115 15.7%
  • 31 - 40