• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Question for all my fellow SF'ers

shellshock

Forum Mascot
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dmash1080
So my girl has a little pile of cash laying around. Now she's quite amazing and has decided she's going to do 1 of two things....buy me an Omega Planet Ocean that I've been drooling over....or get full D implants. If you were in the same situation as me, what would you tell her to do? She will for sure do whatever I say...so I need your thoughts. Should I be selfish and just say the Planet Ocean in case we were to break up in the coming year or two? That way I would have a nice watch regardless....or should I go with the boobs as well....they're boobs! **BTW Our relationship is great, we have absolutely no thoughts of breaking up in the near future, but it is of course still a possibility.

Some info of interest:
1. We've been dating for about 14 months.
2. She's currently a 34B, very, very lean.
3. The plastic surgeon who would be performing the procedure, is running a cash special of $3000 flat for implants as he's hurting for business. That's about $1500 off his price last year.
4. I can get a Planet Ocean for $2700 out the door from an authorized dealer brand new.

What do you guys think?

1. how about therapy for both of you
2. being overly concerned with her appearance and fitness competitions she sounds like she has serious self esteem issues/body dysmorphic disorder and you shouldn't encourage her to surgically alter her body which won't fix the issues

Frodo

Reaction score
You know, not put so harshly, I've seriously questioned this before. Don't get me wrong, she's very beautiful and does fitness competitions (heavily in the gym all the time), but I've wanted to just seriously be like 'what the hell are you thinking?' Everytime I've mentioned something before though, it seems that she just gets pissed off at me and claims it's something she REALLY wants, etc, etc.

Haha, I guess this is about to turn into the 'why she shouldn't get boobs' thread.

Get the watch. In a year the boobs are gonna be in someone else's hands, I ga-ron-tee it. The watch will be on your wrist the rest of your life.

hamish5178

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hamish5178
This is quite an interesting article, particularly the bits about the demographic:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breast_implants

"A 2007 Swedish and US longitudinal study found that women who get cosmetic breast implants are nearly three times as likely to commit suicide as other women. No notable increase was seen in the first 10 years after surgery, but 10 to 19 years after, risk was 4.5 times higher, and six times higher after 20 years, compared with the expected suicide rate.[14][15]"

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by celery
My information is based on my gf (who works at Johns Hopkins), and attended a lecture on modern breast augmentation, where she was treated to nippleless boobs and a detailed explanation which she then passed on to me until I ran screaming from the room.
What your girlfriend seems to be describing is reconstructive breast augmentation (i.e., rebuilding the breast to whatever extent possible after a mastectomy), and not cosmetic/elective breast augmentation as undertaken by women in ordinary circumstances. Warning: images contained herein are not the faint of heart. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mastectomy

celery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard
What your girlfriend seems to be describing is reconstructive breast augmentation (i.e., rebuilding the breast to whatever extent possible after a mastectomy), and not cosmetic/elective breast augmentation as undertaken by women in ordinary circumstances.

Warning: images contained herein are not the faint of heart.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mastectomy

Well that would make sense considering the hospital deals with cancer patients regularly. Neither myself, nor my gf have any experience with breast implants, and that seminar was the extent of her knowledge on the matter.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm guessing that's what she saw. Breast cancer is a really awful, fucked up thing.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shellshock
1. how about therapy for both of you
2. being overly concerned with her appearance and fitness competitions she sounds like she has serious self esteem issues/body dysmorphic disorder and you shouldn't encourage her to surgically alter her body which won't fix the issues

I meant that in the context of out of those two things, she would do whatever I say. Damn, some of you guys just seriously look for stuff to nitpick about.

The whole deal about her needing therapy and self esteem issues, blah blah, come on that's ridiculous guys. There's a plethora of girls who love the way they look, but just want bigger breasts. It's fairly common.

On another note, I really appreciate all the suggestions on everything. I just sat her down for like 30 minutes and guess what...she thinks it's a fantastic idea to give it a few more years to wait and she's going to spend the money on us a vacation.
laugh.gif

and as for the guy suggesting I should EARN the Omega...you know what. I started pondering it and I really do think so now. I shouldn't just get that for no reason unless I was filthy rich. I think it would mean a lot more to me also in the long run if I waited.

Hope I don't sound like an impressionable shmuck but I'm actually really glad I made this post.

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dated a woman who sounds much like your *********** type. Very petite and she had big ones. Honestly they didn't look good naked. They looked great under a shirt but when it came off they just looked like half cantaloupes on her chest. They don't feel like real boobs and the worst part was that when ********* they didn't move like real boobs either. Not good.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Assuming this is true, don't let this bunch of assholes get you down. Try to figure out what she really wants, and let her have at it. What I might do shouldn't make any difference to you.

Deluks917

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
this is pre-*******-posterous! are you married? is she proposing to you you should be giving her a 3000 dollar gift, not the other way around. Be a gentleman and decline... plus an OMEGA is something you earn, not something a girl you're dating gives you psheesh
You gotta be joking
Originally Posted by shellshock
1. how about therapy for both of you 2. being overly concerned with her appearance and fitness competitions she sounds like she has serious self esteem issues/body dysmorphic disorder and you shouldn't encourage her to surgically alter her body which won't fix the issues
Yup Fitness competitors all have body dismorphic disorder.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
It appears your GF wants new boobs, she's going to get them anyway so let her get the boobs and forget the ******* watch.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
If your girlfriend doesn't already have full D's, then what the **** are you doing with her? Fail!

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Some info of interest:
1. We've been dating for about 14 months.
2. She's currently a 34B, very, very lean.
3. The plastic surgeon who would be performing the procedure, is running a cash special of $3000 flat for implants as he's hurting for business. That's about $1500 off his price last year.
4. I can get a Planet Ocean for $2700 out the door from an authorized dealer brand new.

What do you guys think?

2. I'd go with the watch. 34B on a lean girl sounds fine with me.
3. I wouldn't bargain hunt with serious surgery like that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads