• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Question |fashion Industry|

nikousha

Reaction score
Hi,I'm newbie on this forum...I'm 20 years old,fashion disegner, live in georgia,tbilisi.Learn (this is last year) in Academy of Art.After that in september i'm going to paris,want to work there in fashion houses (mostly Christian Dior,Jean Paul Gaultier......) but got no information how i must began work there,what i must do,is it possible or not.
Who knows,please help ... Thanks in advance
smile.gif

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Buy a calling card and start calling the boutiques and offices. Get your portfolio ready to send out. OR **** just send them anyway (but you need to find the address and name of the appropriate people. PLus being that your just 20 you may want to work at a boutique as a sales associate and see if you can network from there (casually discuss your interests and ambitition and show your portfolio to a manager.) IF you actually have talent and know how to sell yourself someone may give you a lead to follow. Plus dont be afraid to work for free for a lesser known company. Oh yeah I suppose you'll need a work permit

nikousha

Reaction score
Jodum5:
Buy a calling card and start calling the boutiques and offices. Get your portfolio ready to send out. OR **** just send them anyway (but you need to find the address and name of the appropriate people
Where i can find this tel.numbers of boutiques and offices??Or can i just went to paris and give them myself?
PLus being that your just 20 you may want to work at a boutique as a sales associate and see if you can network from there (casually discuss your interests and ambitition and show your portfolio to a manager.)
Ok
smile.gif

Plus dont be afraid to work for free for a lesser known company.
Allright
Oh yeah I suppose you'll need a work permit
What kind of permit?

You know, Mostly what i really can and i like is desighn shoes (womens) (i've got hundred sketchs of my shoes desigh) + desighn mens (clothes & shoes) + i can make shoes and can sew clothes (by my own) and all that stuff u know.
I want to work there like designer and creator...

Thanks a lot...

muelleran

Reaction score
What kind of permit?
The way I see it it could be pretty hard to just go to Paris and network from there, I am not sure you can even get a tourist visa without an invitation.

Question: what do other people from your Academy of Art do?

nikousha

Reaction score
Originally Posted by muelleran
The way I see it it could be pretty hard to just go to Paris and network from there, I am not sure you can even get a tourist visa without an invitation.

Question: what do other people from your Academy of Art do?

My mother's relative lives in paris,and she will send me visa
smile.gif

In fashion disegner's profile:
Nothing yet,but some of them got own ateliers,some of them work in ateliers... I was working too
smile.gif

But i need more experiens, so i need to work there..

P.S guys where are u from ??
Are u designers too???
Nobody works in paris in fashion industry??

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
Uh, wrong Georgia.

Ah yes, the great fashion capitals of the world... New York, Milan, Paris, Macon.
wink.gif

nikousha

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spencer Young
Oops. Sorry about that!
biggrin.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tbilisi
Yeah,not state georgia..
Don't think, that visa will be a problem,just got no idea how i must began work there and what i must do. :|

Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Ah yes, the great fashion capitals of the world... New York, Milan, Paris, Macon.
wink.gif

London??
Yes but Paris fashion is closer to me than Milans and other
smile.gif

muelleran

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nikousha

P.S guys where are u from ??
Are u designers too???
Nobody works in paris in fashion industry??

I have the impression that there are many lawyers here. Few flirt with a bohemian lifestyle - like Labelking.
tounge.gif

I work in the financial service industry in the fashion capital of Zurich.

What's the name of the guy who posts links to his fashion design webpage? Isn't he in Paris?

nikousha

Reaction score
muelleran said:
I have the impression that there are many lawyers here.
Yeah ,neither i
biggrin.gif

Don't u know some good fashion forums ?
What's the name of the guy who posts links to his fashion design webpage? Isn't he in Paris?
What guy? on this forum??

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads