• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Question as to Corneliani shoe quality- the seam on the tongue edge

ShoeMeister

Reaction score

I have a pair of Corneliani shoes that for years I have wondered if they were exceptional or not, because I have not yet seen a pair of shoes with a sealed seam on the tongue edge- it is always a raw edge, even on super-high end shoes. Except these shoes have that extra bit of quality for some reason. Any ideas why?

Last edited:

Goodman

Reaction score
I wouldn't judge "exceptionalism" based on something as arbitrary as a sealed seem on the tongue. The fact that you say that you've had them for years might be a better arbiter of their quality.

ShoeMeister

Reaction score
Perhaps. I was merely suggesting (asking actually) that it "may" be a sign of exceptionalism, since I have yet to see this feature on any other shoes (including many $1000+ ones from both Italian and English factories)- and I have really looked. It is generally hard to tell what is exceptional and what is not- normally what passes as exceptional these days is the stiffness of the toe box and thickness of the sole. All I can see is that the leather has aged extremely well over the years... and since Corneliani is not a true shoe brand, I am befuddled...

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.