• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Question About Tokyo

af1snaikboi

Reaction score
Hello anyone with tokyo experience would be apprecaited!

I have a 12 hour layover in tokyo , but am transferring from Narita to Haneda and would like to see a bit of the city (or at least have some sushi, hopefully its safe)

Should I check in my bags at Haneda then go back out into the city? Or would you recommend carrying my luggage with me?

Also, what would be the most efficient way of doing this transfer? via train perhaps?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
the train would be the safest way, you can take the N'EX to Shibuya and decide where you're gonna eat, that area or Ebisu or Roppongi might be best. You might be able to forward your bags from Narita to Haneda, but if not, take your bags with you; it'll be a hassle but you probably don't have time to go to Haneda twice. A 12 hr layover could really just mean about 5-6 hrs of free time after you have all the administrative work and transit accounted for.

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bus is easier, no transfers
http://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/bus...da/narita.html

Ask at the info desk someone there speaks English and bus stop is close by at both terminals (If I remember correctly).

Train can be confusing depending on how many transfers you need to take.

http://www.hyperdia.com/classic_en/hyperWeb.cgi

Both take about 1 hour 30 min.

I wouldn't want to cart luggage around Tokyo for a day it will spoil your time there. You can have your luggage delivered by a parcel service "takubin", the most common takubin company and probably most reliable is called Kuroneko (black cat) They have a black cat as their logo. Easy to find and use in the airport, just make sure they know when your connecting flight is (important). Then you don't have to worry about going to Haneda twice.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Not to scare you but that sounds like a pain **********.
It takes 90 to 120 minutes to get from Narita to Tokyo on a Limo Bus, then another 30 to 45 minutes to get from Tokyo to Haneda.
But the Limo Bus only stops at major hotels or major train stations.
Unless you're traveling with a LOT of baggage i would just carry it around with you because you're going to spend about 3 hours at the absolute minimum getting from one airport to the other then BACK to tokyo.

Honestly i think you should Limo Bus it to Cerulean Hotel in SHibuya, check your bags in the lobby (i'm quite sure they'll allow you even if you're not a guest), then walk from there, then leave from Cerulean, walk to Shibuya station (2 minute walk), then take the subway towards Haneda.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I've sat on those buses for up to 3-4 hrs before, rush hour is brutal. It's no fun to to be sitting on the expressway next to Disneyland with it getting dark out and you wanting to be in Shibuya already!

af1snaikboi

Reaction score
Well I'll be arriving at 11am and my flight is 11pm so I would really like to avoid the traffic.

Im thinking about taking the train and maybe finding somewhere to check my bags, either that or the black cat I suppose.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads