1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Question about tan tuxedo

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by kgibson02, Oct 8, 2012.

Tags:
  1. RogerC

RogerC Senior member

It is not a tuxedo, full stop. It has flap pockets, two buttons, faced lapels, it has side vents, no trouser braid, is worn with a long tie and a normal shirt. It's a tan suit with fancy covered buttons. Nothing wrong with tan for a summer wedding, but linen would be a lot better.

2. plei89

plei89 Senior member

I just choked on my lunch, reading the title of this thread.

Tuxedos are meant for formal wear and should almost always be black or midnight navy.

If you want to go tan or beige, I would go with a suit, which will allow you to get more wears out of it.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  3. AlexE

AlexE Senior member

I agree with regards to the woman, she looks good. The guy looks like her brother wearing his prom suit.

It also has fabric covered buttons, low-cut waistcoat and I think the picture quality does not allow to make a statement regarding the lapel facing (the whole thing is sold / rented by the company as a tux ... so probably there is some faux satin facing). By the way, the also have a classy model in red.

However, regarding the question of the OP: If you wear this, you have to overdo the shoes too. White, silver, same tan as the suit...

4. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

That's....just not good. As far as your question goes, try on both shades and decide what looks best.

5. Cantabrigian

Cantabrigian Senior member

You don't even have to wear shoes if you don't want.

There isn't much you can do to make this better or worse.

6. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

OP, why not something like Teva's or Birkenstocks? Or some of the new Nike running shoes that come in neon colors?