• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Question about strellson suits

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have seen some suits strellson http://www.strellson.com here on sale. they are marked down from $620 to $350, I tried on one and liked it, but I don't know about its quality and if would be a good buy at that price.

Anybody has an experience with the brand ? I read that the owners of Hugo Boss opened strellson in 84 when they sold Boss....

Is it fused, canvased? for that price it would be ok to buy it or maybe select another brand ?

Any comments would be appreciated, thanks

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lakewolf
Hello all,

I have seen some suits strellson http://www.strellson.com here on sale. they are marked down from $620 to $350, I tried on one and liked it, but I don't know about its quality and if would be a good buy at that price.

Anybody has an experience with the brand ? I read that the owners of Hugo Boss opened strellson in 84 when they sold Boss....

Is it fused, canvased? for that price it would be ok to buy it or maybe select another brand ?

Strellson are fused. Yes, there is a link to Boss and the aesthetic, as well as the construction and quality is quite comparable to Hugo Boss. I have some Strellson stuff including a wool/cashmere sportcoat and it's decent but nowhere near the quality of high-end stuff. The line seems to be more widely distributed here in Canada.

At $350, it's ok but not the greatest deal. If you like the suit and it fits well, Strellson has better styling than most low to mid-tier department store suits, so it's not so bad but personally, I would rather spend $350 on a Corneliani or add a bit more for a Canali.

farooqm

Reaction score
I would say the quality falls behind Hugo Boss, I have owned a few items of Strellson and they have worn horribly, I have an overcoat that has both pockets inner pocket liners ripped and threads coming lose all over. I barely wore that coat too. There is much better available for the money. I would hold out for at the least Hugo Boss, and if you can Zegna at that price, Vestimenta may come down in price as I have heard they are going out of business.....

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by farooqm
...Vestimenta may come down in price as I have heard they are going out of business.....

Where did you hear that? My understanding is that Rosen has dropped the line and someone else (in montreal) has secured the Canadian distribution rights. I would be surprised if they went out of business. They have contracts to manufacture for many designers, including Armani Black Label.

BTW, I heard that many items from Boss and Strellson are made in the same factories in Eastern Europe and Turkey. Materials may be different but I can't tell them apart as far as construction is concerned.

Antonio416

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lakewolf
Hello all,

I must share with you that I love Strellson suits. 60% of my suits are from Strellson. I love the fit, stye and special features some suit have. But most of all the price. I have had Hugo Boss and have been disappointed by the most part. Strellson has a great fashion sence for young minded bussiness men who love looking sharp.

Reffets

Reaction score
Really?
I signed on to remind everyone that this is a style forum, not a discount bin! If you can find Strellson at $320, and you like it, BUY IT! That's a great deal as long as it isn't too old and the style isn't too dusty. Having worn both Boss and Strellson I find it hard to tell the difference. Admittedly it's not a Zegna or Canali calibre cloth but those companies both started as fabric mills and continue to be just that. Accordingly their cloth's are flawless and you can only beat them up on their make-up.
More to the point. Anyone who has ever seen either of those labels for even close to $320 is likely digging through the bargain bins at a retailer who is going out of business. They are 10 years old at least, with 3 or 4 buttons, double pleated, no vents, and just generally unsellable. If that's your flavor congrats, you found a great deal. Provided of course that you are planning on wearing it inside out so that you can hopefully let the label speak for you.
If however you are a discerning dresser who would rather be caught dead than wearing some ridiculous outfit in the interest of saving a couple of bucks I highly recommend Strellson. Strellson buys you into the designer world at a really reasonable rate. At 695-795 for a suit and a pretty much written in stone 145-155 price point per shirt they are a bargain in the designer world, and that's at full pop!
Buy what you like and what fits you well regardless of what it costs. Don't worry about the money, it will come back to you double in your confidence level alone after pulling the trigger on providing yourself with the best that you can afford.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads