• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Question about sizing for Dents Gloves

Alozano

Reaction score
I was interested in getting a pair of leather unlined gloves from Dents, but wasn't sure what size to order. I did my measurements and am a 7.5. I wasn't sure if I should get a 7.5, or size down to a 7. The reason I ask this is because I've seen some posts claiming you want to go down half a size for leather gloves. I've also seen a video review of someone who purchased a pair of gloves from Dents, and they had the same hand measurement(7.5), and said they order gloves in that size and they fit ok, but had extra space in the fingertips and the palm area. They suggested people go down half a size when ordering gloves from there to get a nice snug and tight fit. Is this accurate? Wasn't sure if I should get a size 7.5, or go down half a size to a 7 for my gloves, as I'd definitely want a snug fit..

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was interested in getting a pair of leather unlined gloves from Dents, but wasn't sure what size to order. I did my measurements and am a 7.5. I wasn't sure if I should get a 7.5, or size down to a 7. The reason I ask this is because I've seen some posts claiming you want to go down half a size for leather gloves. I've also seen a video review of someone who purchased a pair of gloves from Dents, and they had the same hand measurement(7.5), and said they order gloves in that size and they fit ok, but had extra space in the fingertips and the palm area. They suggested people go down half a size when ordering gloves from there to get a nice snug and tight fit. Is this accurate? Wasn't sure if I should get a size 7.5, or go down half a size to a 7 for my gloves, as I'd definitely want a snug fit..

I only have one pair of gloves from Dents in lined deerskin: they are my usual size, being very snug.

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have them in my regular size. With every pair of gloves it might be that one of your fingers is a bit snug or loose. If you want perfection you’ll need to buy custom…

msimon

Reaction score
Can't remember my size. I had the deerskin lined with rabbit fur and later ordered deerskin lined with cashmere, the cashmere was way to big.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Figured I'd jump into this thread since its somewhat recent.
Where can I go to get custom gloves these days?
Chester Jefferies has been shut down for a year on new orders now!

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Figured I'd jump into this thread since its somewhat recent.
Where can I go to get custom gloves these days?
Chester Jefferies has been shut down for a year on new orders now!

Probably the best address currently is the French producer Lavabre Cadet, but you have to be willing to spend a good amount of money. Another good one, certainly more affordable is the Austrian Thomas Riemer (TR). I don't know if they offer a custom service, but the Swedish Hestra (made in Hungary) is excellent. You could also try some Italian brands, such as Merola, Omega or Restelli, but don't know about customised products.

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would this be the same for unlined gloves?
part of email from Dents recently

"Different leathers, cutting techniques, sewing types, linings and designs can all contribute to the final sizing of the gloves.............
if you are looking at a thicker lining we would recommend going up a size."

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
part of email from Dents recently

"Different leathers, cutting techniques, sewing types, linings and designs can all contribute to the final sizing of the gloves.............
if you are looking at a thicker lining we would recommend going up a size."

Are you thinking to get a made-to-order pair?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads