1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Question about Levi's 511 and 514

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AtLeastITried, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Way2Dress

Way2Dress New Member

Do u guys think I should wear Levis 511's cuz I'm 5' 5" and weigh 130 lbs? Currently wear 514's. I don't know if I should wear 511's cuz I have large thighs.

2. Snoopy

Snoopy Senior member

What is your reason for wanting to wear 511? Are you going for the skinny jean look?

511 on your weight will look skinny not slim.

3. Way2Dress

Way2Dress New Member

I don't really understand when u say " 511 on your weight will look skinny not slim"

4. Snoopy

Snoopy Senior member

The 511 is a slim fit.

But if you have thick thighs they will appear skinny fit. Unless you size up 1 or two sizes.

5. Way2Dress

Way2Dress New Member

Ya I was gunna go up a size anyways but not so much that they're baggy

6. Snoopy

Snoopy Senior member

You should visit a Macy's or JCPenny near you and try some 511's.

Macy's also carries the 513 which is a slim fit like 511.

There is also the 508 which is roomy on the top (like 514) but tapered on the bottom (511 leg opening).

Last edited: May 22, 2013
  7. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

just go in person and try them on there is plenty of places that stock them.

8. Dr Huh?

Dr Huh? Senior member

Does anyone know if Canada gets the same selection as the U.S? I notice the Canadian site has a smaller selection of jeans and other clothing.

9. AX2007

AX2007 Active Member

Does anyone know if the 511's are similar in size in the waist/thighs? I like the 514s up top but I find that the bottom of the leg opening is a bit big for my summer footwear.

If anyone has any other ideas on how to address this, I'm all ears.

10. ffdg11

ffdg11 Active Member

How's the sizing in 501's compared to the one in 511's?

I usually get a size 28 on 511's and i always end up moaning that i should've gotten one and even two sizes bigger. I'm pretty slim but i have girly curvy hip and slightly muscled legs from my swimming days. They end up loosing up with wear, but the first day i end up with stomachache huh, too damn tight.

Should i order one size bigger or more on 501's? I usually wear size 28 on regular fit jeans from sites such as Zara, H&M etc and they're quite baggy on me, have to push hard a belt for them to stop dancing on my waist.

11. Stylewars

Stylewars New Member

I wear at 36*32 in the 501's original. I am thinking about getting a slimmer jean, what size should I get for the 511 and 514? The waist is perfect on the 501.