• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Question about Levi's 511 and 514

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
514s all the way with bigger quads. I swear, the only people who can wear 511s need to ******* eat a sandwich or 20. Underweight, scrawny bastards...
wink.gif

Kill_switch

Reaction score
i wear 511's and im definitely not "scrawny". i weigh 160 and am 5'8.5 and my thighs are decent size because of swimming. they still are not tight on my nuts nor my legs and fit perfectly, 514 fit very awkwardly.

Deluks917

Reaction score
My abs are protected right now. My 514's fit if i size up 1. My 511's fit if I size up 3.

Fat-Elvis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kill_switch
i wear 511's and im definitely not "scrawny". i weigh 160 and am 5'8.5 and my thighs are decent size because of swimming. they still are not tight on my nuts nor my legs and fit perfectly, 514 fit very awkwardly.

Define "awkwardly". If a pair of 514s are too loose for you, you're definitely at least approaching scrawny. I'm no taller than you and weigh a fit 175, and even after sizing up one in the 514s they're still pretty damn tight.

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fat-Elvis
Define "awkwardly". If a pair of 514s are too loose for you, you're definitely at least approaching scrawny. I'm no taller than you and weigh a fit 175, and even after sizing up one in the 514s they're still pretty damn tight.
He is normal. At 5'8" and 175, unless you are obscenely muscled and have next to no body fat, you are overweight.

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cas Ruffin
All this talk about 510s, how the heck and why the heck would wanna go skinnier than 511s?

If you size up, you get an even more tapered (the leg opening is like 6.25 or something) look without subsequent ballcrush.

porschemad911

Reaction score
This is true! Especially if you wear boxers rather than briefs ... the 511 is the pair of pants that made me switch to briefs, to avoid being squished in rather weird and uncomfortable ways and directions!

Originally Posted by robbie
the difference between 511 and 514 denim models is the 511 and 510 are for people who prefer to choke their balls, whereas the 514 is roomy enough to prevent such a tragedy from happening.

JasonHe

Reaction score
Go the 511's, i tried em on today and i have rather large thighs too, they fit nicely, good stacking and all, if you don't like the length you can always atlerate them, also 511 is tapered, dont go boot cut, thats old school

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ConcernedParent
If you size up, you get an even more tapered (the leg opening is like 6.25 or something) look without subsequent ballcrush.
Yeah, I wear 28w 511, and 30w 510. But if you don't have skinny legs, you probably shouldn't be wearing 511 or 510s. Sized up slightly 511's might work if you want a smaller leg opening than 514's. Definitely no bootcut.

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the "wedgie" in the back problem with the Levi 514? The back rise seems a normal length, so I am wondering if the short front rise is causing the back to pull forward when I wear them.

Hangdog

Reaction score
I may be one of the only guys who doesn't go around claiming his quads or hamstrings are too big for his jeans. My biggest complaint about slim-straight and why I wouldn't wear tight tapered jeans if my life depended on it is that my calves are 16" around, and boot cut jeans are the only thing in 30-32 waist that won't cling to them.

DrBassie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Liquidus
Does anyone have the "wedgie" in the back problem with the Levi 514? The back rise seems a normal length, so I am wondering if the short front rise is causing the back to pull forward when I wear them.
They definitely hug the butt, but not exactly wedgie style. I have both the jeans and trousers (which they don't make anymore, unfortunately). I tailored the trousers to have a taper to 7.5" more like the 511.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phildo
I was looking for a white pair of jeans and tried on a pair of 510's because I hadn't tried them on before. They were like spandex and you could see ******* through the jeans lolz.
Wrangler cowboy cuts. Slim or regular. Slim is a little tighter then a 514 in the thigh and seat, about the same in the leg. Regular is about the same cut as a 505, but longer. I would order an inch shorter then your usual inseam, provided you don't cuff or stack. Be warned though- they are real cowboy jeans, not a fashion brand. Suckers come starched and creased in true western style. Oh, and they come in rigid indigo too. I need to get a pair of those.

Sherlockian

Reaction score
511s only feel tight after wearing bigger cuts for years. Mine are now the roomiest jeans I own, and I bought them TTS, rigid indigo. They were pretty tight at the waist when new, and stiff as cardboard, but have stretched and softened out nicely with wear. I've got 15.75" calves (but skinny ankles), but even at the widest part there is room to move freely. Compared to Ande Whall Grifters, they're like MC Hammer loon pants.

C.lo562

Reaction score
I have several pairs of 514's but I'm going to try out the 511's. I'll size up on the 511's so hopefully it won't be too tight. I like the 514's but hate the straight leg opening, I wish they were tapered instead. If I don't like how the 511's fit, I guess I'll just have to get my 514's tapered.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads