• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Question about jantzen

Brian SD

Reaction score
How long do you usually wait to receive a shirt from Ricky? I just ordered my first shirt, and I'm curious how long it will take to arrive. Also another question, do you know if he charges your credit card before making the shirt, or does he wait until it ships to charge? Thanks
smile.gif

Tom

Reaction score
He charged my card after the shirt was made, and right before it shipped.

-Tom

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i got my first shirt in two weeks but all the others have taken about a month.

water

Reaction score
Do you guys order using his online form? There does not seem to be any encryption on that page which makes me a little worried about using it to send my credit card information.

Also, when you input your sizes, should they be in cm or inches?

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Inches. And the encryption thing put me off also, but I think they should have a fax number available.

gregory

Reaction score
Hello....

I placed my order on Feb 7 and this morning, Ricky said the shirt was sent two days ago (Feb 18). I'll let everyone know when the shirt arrives.

Regarding sending credit card numbers through the unencrypted website, how about calling him up/faxing your credit card number instead, like others have suggested?

Cheers

water

Reaction score
I would prefer not to call or fax... has anyone used this online form to submit credit card info?

Also, when they ask for wrist measurements, I assume they are looking for you to measure your actual wrist and not the wrist of a shirt that fits well? And while on that topic, do you have to have one wrist adjusted for your watch? I would prefer to pass on that option.

gregory

Reaction score
I would prefer not to call or fax... has anyone used this online form to submit credit card info?
I have used it before. I suppose for subsequent orders, one does not need to submit one's credit card information. Ricky should be able to pull it out of his files?

Bic Pentameter

Reaction score
I think the non-encrypted site vs. calling or faxing is a trade off of anticipated risk and immediate cost. Even if the call is $5, averaged out over the cost of two or three or 27 shirts, the price is right.

I live in Japan, and am used to placing international calls and facsimilies. I called once, and that was the end of it.

Do it once, and Ricky has your card on file. When I have placed subsequent orders, a simple e-mail saying "bill my card" was just fine.

(By the way, I also specified my measurements in centimeters.)

Bic

Brian SD

Reaction score

Also, when they ask for wrist measurements, I assume they are looking for you to measure your actual wrist and not the wrist of a shirt that fits well? And while on that topic, do you have to have one wrist adjusted for your watch? I would prefer to pass on that option.
There is an option to have one cuff larger for your watch, you can choose if you want it or not, and how much extra room you want, and what wrist it will be on .

And yes, he specifies on measurements that he wants you to measure what it is, and not what a well-fitting shirt is.

water

Reaction score
I tried faxing my order today but was having trouble with the number... does anyone know if the fax number given on the 'Contact' page of the Jantzen site is correct?

gregory

Reaction score
Does anyone know roughly how long it takes for Jantzen stuff to arrive in the United States (East coast) after the day Ricky ships them?

Thanks.

water

Reaction score
I really hope I am not beating a dead horse here...

I have been trying to contact Jantzen for a couple of weeks. I have attempted to fax my order using the fax number provided on their site, but it sounds like someone is answering the call (i.e., the fax is not connecting).

I have also e-mailed them on two or three times but have not received a response. Is that normal? It almost seems like they do not want to take my order.

Having read about other's success ordering from them, I am considering using the online form. As I have said earlier in this thread, I do have a hesitation using my credit card on a non-encrypted site.

Any suggestions? Thoughts?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads