1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Question about Hugo boss derby shoes, sole

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Bertnaked, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Bertnaked

Bertnaked Member

I bought these at the store the other day:

http://www.hugoboss.com/us/'carmons...prefn1=style&prefv1=Dress+Shoes&sz=96&start=1

Hugo Boss derbys. I asked the seller about the soles, about if they were leather, and sewn onto the shoes under the rubber.
    They cost about 390$, so they had to be something like that. He wasn't sure, but said that they probably were.

So if they are worn in a few years, and I'd like to change the sole. Is that possible? And if yes, would that be that they have to glue
    a new rubbery thing under it?

2. Astaroth

Astaroth Senior member

The "Materials" section of the link you put and it states the sole is 46% compressed wood fibres, 28% Leather, 26% TPU (aka plastic) and so it sounds in line with what you've been told (other than the sewn element, it is probably cemented/glued on)

Any shoes you can glue a replacement sole to the sole. I personally would be surprised if they were goodyear or blake stitched meaning the glued soles are your only future repair option.

1 person likes this.
  3. Bertnaked

Bertnaked Member

Ah, ok. That feels a bit cheap to me, that's why I'm swapping these for a pair of 1880 Loakes.
    Depending if I can get them to pay me back that is.

4. Bertnaked

Bertnaked Member

So they agreed to give me my money back. Getting these tomorrow

[​IMG]