• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

question about female (super) models...

soldjaboi

Reaction score
Why are most of them skinny and tall (5'9+)????

I mean why is the runway look, tall, skinny models with little curves????
If they wear heels they are like 6'0 tall..wtf??? And most are hella skinny with no ****/ ass (not to be super ficial or anything), but like on shows like America's Next Top Model, most girls are flatchested, like I dont mean you gotta have ********* or somthing, but a handfuill like b/ c-cup is good.

Also most (just generalising) men like "mainstream" girls like Pam Anderson, Brooke Burke, Beyonce, Brooke Burke, Jessica Simpson etc. but you dont see that type of girls in the modeling indutry why is that???

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
model = gloried cloth hanger.

long legs, lean and tall shows off the designers' clothes best.

Remember, runway shows are about the clothes, not about the model.

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Designer clothes look much better on tall, skinny chicks.

Models aren't supposed to just be the hottest chicks. In fact, I think most guys agree that the ideal girl is probably curvy. But designers use models to show off their clothes, and those frames typically do that best.

Caomhanach

Reaction score
A famous anthropology anecdote involves a field researcher in the New Guinea Highlands. He had a PLAYBOY in his gear and a warrior began leafing through it. This is a now famous photo taken at the time. After looking at the centerfold, he turned and said " no wonder you came here. Your women are really ugly." If the public wants to be told women who couldn't give birth to a salamander are the ideal and SUV's really are efficient and safe means of transport then that is the public's fault.
musicboohoo[1].gif

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Amazing, a woman GQg33k actually likes!

Poomba

Reaction score
Idk if supermodels arent considered hot by most, but Gemma Ward is a babe.

bomber

Reaction score
Yea this is something I have noticed as well...there seems to be a huge disconnect between models (who many hold up as the pinnacle of beauty or whatever) and the type of women men actually seem to like. If I were a Brad Pitt type who could have basically anyone I wanted I don't think I would be chasing after super models either to be honest.

True though, models are supposed to be showing off the clothes so that makes sense.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Part of it is that today's designers prefer models who are easier to tailor for. Thin, flat, angular is easier to dress than curves -- than a real ************. This may in part be due to the de-emphasis of actual tailoring skills in today's designers.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
Amazing, a woman GQg33k actually likes!

*****, I like lots of women. Just not fat women, or women I that i think will turn out to be fat, or women that contribute nothing, or women with bad skin, or really anything much below a 7 on teh g33k's scale of female attractiveness. Now since teh scale is not a linear one, I'd say that I like about 10% of women in my age group, if even, but in raw numbers, that's still a lot!
bounce2.gif

Syl

Reaction score
If you ever attend a real modelling show you'll find that the majority of professional fashion models aren't *that* attractive. Sure, they have attractive faces but they aren't the girl you'll stop in the street and look at.
Fashion models are hired to have a body that best shows the clothing i.e. tall and slim/skinny.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Syl
If you ever attend a real modelling show you'll find that the majority of professional fashion models aren't *that* attractive. Sure, they have attractive faces but they aren't the girl you'll stop in the street and look at.
Fashion models are hired to have a body that best shows the clothing i.e. tall and slim/skinny.

You're right. There are different classes of fashion models. Obviously, not all of them are jaw-dropping beauties like Adriana Lima is. There's a reason she's called a supermodel. However, I'm not sure that a short "curvy" girl is preferable to a tall skinny girl. Certainly, if by curvy we mean a Jessica Simpson lookalike, then ya, but if curby is a euphamism for a Kelly Osborne type of body, then I'll take tall and skinny any day. :p

Still, it's important that a girl have at least B size breasts. A is just too small.
frown.gif

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
*****, I like lots of women. Just not fat women, or women I that i think will turn out to be fat, or women that contribute nothing, or women with bad skin, or really anything much below a 7 on teh g33k's scale of female attractiveness. Now since teh scale is not a linear one, I'd say that I like about 10% of women in my age group, if even, but in raw numbers, that's still a lot!
bounce2.gif

Your standards are impossibly high for a man of much straightness.

Most men, even if they won't admit it, find a much higher percentage of women attractive. That is, men who like women.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
Your standards are impossibly high for a man of much straightness.

Most men, even if they won't admit it, find a much higher percentage of women attractive. That is, men who like women.

RJ, I take the subway to work every day and I don't see attractive women all that often, and montreal supposedly has lots of hot women. Believe me, I look. Also, in my big classes, there might be 50-100 students. Since I've been in classics, which is already MUCH better than science for the quality of women, there has never been more than 5 attractive girls in any one class (which I define as a 7 or above). The average in a class of 50 is 2-3 attractive chicks. Of those 3 girls, only 1 will be really hot (an 8). For reference, I'd rate jessica simpson and jessica alba 9s, with Adriana Lima, Gisele, Cindy Crawford in her prime as 10s.

I don't think that shooting for a 7 is shooting impossibly high. It's not like I'm an ugly guy with no skillz and a bad personality. I'm smart. I can make them laugh. I dress well, and I'm pretty good looking. Why would I shoot for average-looking chicks?For the record i've slept with average chicks before, but I try to avoid it, and at this point in my life, I definitely wouldn't start any sort of relationship with one. I'm terrified of my SO getting fat and ugly, so I'm very careful about initial selection.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads