• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

question about brown pants

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a pair of very dark brown corduroy pants a while back, almost like a chocolate color, but I only wore them a couple of times with a white shirt. What other colors would go with the pants? Light blue?

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lance konami
I bought a pair of very dark brown corduroy pants a while back, almost like a chocolate color, but I only wore them a couple of times with a white shirt. What other colors would go with the pants? Light blue?

Light blue, yes. Pink. Yellow (if your skin tone can abide it). Green. Hell, almost any color, as versatile as brown pants are.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
White, blue, black, green, maybe yellow & rust (orange). That is what I can think of off the top of my head. The majority of my clothes are green, brown, black and white so those are typical of the combinations I use for my brown corduroys.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're saying I could wear a black shirt with them?

Why not? Live dangerously
devil.gif

laugh.gif

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In addition to color, fabric weight and texture should also be taken into consideration when choosing a shirt to wear with corduroy.

cmrocks

Reaction score
What color shoes work well with brown pants?

Kid609

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DucatiCole
What color shoes work well with brown pants?

brown, black, and white all work

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like black suede shoes with brown trousers, especially corduroy, tweed and flannel. But then, my tastes run a bit dodgy.

Shoes415.jpg

Charley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tomasso,

I really do like the fabric in that lower trouser. I suppose it is some tweed weave. Great that it has some fabric interest without howling about it.

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the shoe color to pair with dark brown pants, brown and cordovan are the best options. A light-colored shoe (even in a shade of brown) might be risky.

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're saying I could wear a black shirt with them?

Sure, under the right circumstances you can wear a black shirt with a dark brown suit. Black calf shoes are nice with chocolate brown wool and even corduroy because it emphasizes the richness of the brown.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads