Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Question about boots

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Stu, Mar 21, 2004.

1. Stu

Stu Senior member

Was wondering if anyone familiar with C&J boots could illuminate me here. These boots interest me, in the color shown. As you can see from  This photo from PLAL, they are available in snuff suede or dark brown suede. Which color is the Ben Silver photo. Snuff or dark brown?  I assume dark brown. Anyone?

2. jcusey

jcusey Senior member Dubiously Honored

Well, the description on the Ben Silver site says "chocolate brown suede," which would imply dark brown. However, the picture looks more like snuff suede than dark brown suede. The only solution is to call or e-mail Ben Silver. They can take a look at the box and tell you for sure.

It's a great-looking shoe in either color.

3. Stu

Stu Senior member

Actually, I will probably email PLAL instead, as they are much much cheaper than Ben Silver, and I feel kind of tacky asking Ben Silver for info if I'm not going to buy from them.

As for what to wear with them, I was thinking they'd be great with jeans, don't you think?

4. jcusey

jcusey Senior member Dubiously Honored

Well, they have leather soles, so you'd just look tragic if you wore them with jeans. [​IMG] Seriously, I'd wear them with jeans, with casual trousers, or with dressier trousers and a sport jacket.

5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I would definitely wear them with jeans. For the record, the "tragic look" usually pairs squared-toed black loafers with either overly tight (arghh, too... much... stuff... on... display) or overly relaxed jeans (hey, it's magic. His ass disappeared).