• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

question about american apparel hoodies

thefir

Reaction score
i love american apparel hoodies because they are the only reasonably priced hoodies that fit me.... other companies have size smalls that are just too big... one thing thats been bugging me though is the length of the hoodies. for me, the track jackets, hoodies, etc seem a little short.

so im wondering, should i go up to a medium (does anyone know if mediums fit well with people who usually wear a small?) or should i try the flex fleece hoodie (i think they are a few inches longer than the standard california fleece, is that right?)

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
My AA hoodie (medium) is a little bit long for my taste, actually. I don't know how other ones fit, but I'd rather it were about 1" shorter in the front at least, because it keeps trying to tuck under my belt and failing.

hughsd

Reaction score
some of the aa flex fleeces hoodies fit a bit smaller that others, especially the heather ones. i work there so i have pretty much acquired all of the colours

denning

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm 6' and have a 38" chest. If I want a slim fit should I get the medium or size down for the small? Same goes for their tees. Medium or small?

inviscid

Reaction score
Originally Posted by denning
I'm 6' and have a 38" chest. If I want a slim fit should I get the medium or size down for the small? Same goes for their tees. Medium or small?

I'm 5'10-5'11'' with a 36" chest. The smalls fit me just about perfect in both hoodies and tees although I'd like the hoodies to be about an inch longer. I suggest you go medium unless you want a super slim fit.

mister_h0t_d0g

Reaction score
i have pretty much the same measurements as inviscid, and a small fits me perfectly as well, so for you a medium, maybe a large would be best

ps-the thermal hoodies are fantastic

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by denning
I'm your measurements. Medium for sure.

skate4nc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hughsd
some of the aa flex fleeces hoodies fit a bit smaller that others, especially the heather ones. i work there so i have pretty much acquired all of the colours

hughsd,
since you work at AA can you give me a little sizing advice? i don't live close to an AA store so i have to buy online.
i bought an AA track jacket in Small that fits well and a california fleece hoody in Medium (and the sleeves are a bit baggy for my liking).
i want a hoody that is a little smaller than the M i have right now and was thinking of buying the flex fleece hoody, but how much smaller are the heather ones (does that mean the peppered gray and dark heather)?

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You realize this thread is over a year old, right? Anyways it looks as if hughsd doesn't come here anymore.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads