• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Question about altering rise of jeans

Phagun

Reaction score
Hi, I've read a lot here and you guys have helped me a ton without even knowing it! I have a question about altering the rise on jeans. I really really like this pair of D&G jeans:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dolce-Gabbana-D-G-Blue-Distressed-Jeans-US-32-EU-48-/121052638952?pt=US_CSA_MC_Jeans&hash=item1c2f4caee8

I know D&G isn't hugely popular here but I like the brand and I think it fits me well. Only thing with these jeans is the rise is really high. 12.25 inches.... I know the waistband can be moved down but it might be hard with the zipper pockets. Is there another way to alter the rise on these jeans? Am I better off letting these go? Also, why does the rise look okay on the back but high on the front? In the side pics it looks okay too. If the back rise is really low and the front rise really high, does that kind of even itself out if that makes sense?

Also, in your opinion, would you pick the ones above or these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dolce-Gabbana-D-G-Blue-Jeans-US-34-EU-50-/140913926293?pt=US_CSA_MC_Jeans&hash=item20cf1fe095

Thanks a lot!

Phagun

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tl;dr you can't really alter the rise of jeans.

Phagun

Reaction score
Is it really that long lol? I've had two tailors tell me its possible....

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 61 17.3%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 118 33.4%
  • 8”

Votes: 105 29.7%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 37 10.5%
  • 9”

Votes: 16 4.5%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.0%