1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Queer eye for the straight guy

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Pink22m, Jan 2, 2004.

1. Pink22m

Pink22m Senior Member

I am a fan of the show "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy." In fact, they had a whole marathon of it on today [​IMG] While watching the show, I got curious as to how the straight guys are picked to get onto the show. I assume they are chosen out of a large lot of candidates. Also, once they get onto the show, do they get all the clothing and furnishings that the Fab 5 pick for them for free? I have noticed some of the things to be quite expensive, especially the Baker furniture which has been used in various episodes.

2. Nick M

Nick M Distinguished Member

I'd imagine the first season of straight guys probably had their wives/friends/girlfriends respond to a newspaper ad. They're making an Australian version of Queer Eye, and you can send the details of an unsuspecting straight guy to the TV station. So here's my plan... I take the entire contents of my wardrobe over to a friend's house, buy some ratty old t-shirts, flannel shirts and acid-wash jeans, submit a suitably slobbish profile, and get my friends to vouch for my lack of style, social skills and hygiene. And voila. I have a brand new designer wardrobe. This plan is flawless, I tells ya.

3. hermes

hermes Distinguished Member

nick m, i've had the exact same thought but had it for the 'what not to wear show' on tlc that came out first whereby they give you a $5,000 wardrobe makeover ..... several people have said the same thing to me, what prevents someone pretending to be dowdy?

they're also make a uk version of queer eye as well