• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Queen Charlotte Shaving Cream?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Nope. I'm loaded up with The Gentleman's Quarter and a bunch of milled soaps.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
a bunch of milled soaps.

which ones?

I've liked your shaving soap reccs (kinda ****, but only when I imagine us shaving together after a long hot steamy shower...OK I've said too much)

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
which ones?

I've liked your shaving soap reccs (kinda ****, but only when I imagine us shaving together after a long hot steamy shower...OK I've said too much)

Well, I have a puck of Truefitt & Hill, just because I was in London and HAD to have it. It's good but not really TDF.

The general soap stockpile consists of Provence Sante (awesome), Pre de Provence (great), and L'Occitane Cade (spotty but I <3 the smell) - for the triple-milled, and then Proraso and Prep soft Italian soaps - which are just a bit harder than creams.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Well, I have a puck of Truefitt & Hill, just because I was in London and HAD to have it. It's good but not really TDF. The general soap stockpile consists of Provence Sante (awesome), Pre de Provence (great), and L'Occitane Cade (spotty but I <3 the smell) - for the triple-milled, and then Proraso and Prep soft Italian soaps - which are just a bit harder than creams.
Where do you buy the provence sante and pre de provence Thomas? I've been wanting to try those for a while now. Even though I'm not shaving any longer.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Where do you buy the provence sante and pre de provence Thomas? I've been wanting to try those for a while now. Even though I'm not shaving any longer.

Years back there was a group-buy deal at a Touch of Europe (I think it's atouchofeurope.com), that had tins of PdP and refills of Provence Sante for $10 or less. I think they still run deals at times. Frankly, $10 for a refill of Provence Sante is pretty good since the milled soaps hardly wear down. I used up one puck of PS and had a few still in reserve. BTW: I think PS has a couple of soaps now, the one I use is Verlaine.

Actually, if you ever come across a puck of eShave avocado/linden soap (now discontinued), at a decent price, I'd snag it: as far as I can tell, it's identical to PS.

I also forgot to mention: I also use Tabac Original - the one in the white ceramic bowl. It's fantastic as well, and generally available on Amazon for reasonable lucre.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Years back there was a group-buy deal at a Touch of Europe (I think it's atouchofeurope.com), that had tins of PdP and refills of Provence Sante for $10 or less. I think they still run deals at times. Frankly, $10 for a refill of Provence Sante is pretty good since the milled soaps hardly wear down. I used up one puck of PS and had a few still in reserve. BTW: I think PS has a couple of soaps now, the one I use is Verlaine. Actually, if you ever come across a puck of eShave avocado/linden soap (now discontinued), at a decent price, I'd snag it: as far as I can tell, it's identical to PS. ... I also forgot to mention: I also use Tabac Original - the one in the white ceramic bowl. It's fantastic as well, and generally available on Amazon for reasonable lucre.
I tried the eShave and didn't really care for it, although I can't really remember if it was that flavor or not. When I get back into shaving those three are the soaps that I want to try. I've already got a puck of the Mitchell's Woolfat sitting around here somewhere.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Thom-Thom - thanks for including a puck in the first frag swap box if that was you. I took one of those slices and am still using it here and there. Fantastic stuff.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I tried the eShave and didn't really care for it, although I can't really remember if it was that flavor or not.

When I get back into shaving those three are the soaps that I want to try. I've already got a puck of the Mitchell's Woolfat sitting around here somewhere.

As I understand it, the eShaves varied wildly in quality: I only tried the avocado linden, and was kind of warned off the rest of them. It doesn't smell like much other than a vague hay-like sweetness, but the avocado oil makes it work better than most.

Originally Posted by Master-Classter
Thom-Thom - thanks for including a puck in the first frag swap box if that was you. I took one of those slices and am still using it here and there. Fantastic stuff.

Glad you like it. I really ought to use it more, but at the moment I'm trying to use up some cream that I've had for years.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Never heard of them. Is this another one of the shaving fora favorites?

Its a new line out of NC. I use mainly DR Harris and Taylors but am curious about these guys. Ordered some today - will let you guys know.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
Its a new line out of NC. I use mainly DR Harris and Taylors but am curious about these guys. Ordered some today - will let you guys know.
Cool. Keep us updated. Did you get a bar soap to try as well?

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Cool. Keep us updated. Did you get a bar soap to try as well?

Nope - just a 3-pack sample of the creams. Just got it - will try the Vostock this evening and report back.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads