1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Quarter-lined Dinner Jacket: a Stroke of Stupidity or Genius?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mafoofan, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Senior member

That's the plan.

2. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

The curve on the lapels, especially towards the peaks is brilliant. Lends a bit of the softness of the shawl lapel.

3. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Senior member

I agree. If I was getting peak lapels I probably would have gone with something like that. From now on most of my suits will be DB so perhaps that style can sneak in there with one of them!

4. Big A

Big A Senior member

Sounds like a good choice. I think shawl collars look more formal for some reason.

I'm not sold on the "midnight blue looks blacker than black" theory unless your going somewhere lit exclusively by gaslight or Edison bulb. These days, I think black probably looks the most, well, black.

As a purely stylistic choice, Midnight Blue is a good option - I'm just not sure it has the same "utility."

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  5. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Senior member

Thanks! I don't really care about the blacker than black argument. For me it's about the subtle softness in color the midnight blue has compared to rigid black. Blues and earthy tones always work well with my complexion so that was the deciding factor for me.

6. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

This will shock many of you, but midnight blue looks bluer than black.

7. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Senior member

[​IMG]