Quality Watch Selections in Chicago??

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by masterphotog, Feb 6, 2014.

1. masterphotog

masterphotog Well-Known Member

I'm taking my lady to Chicago next month to find her a quality watch. The selections in Indy are not abundant, can I have a couple nice places to start?

Thanks!!

2. OliverGauffe

OliverGauffe Senior member

Well, I can't give you a specific name of a shop, but there is an area called Jeweler's Row I believe, near the Loop, with many different jewelry stores. There is of course Water Tower Place, which is a huge wonderful mall full of amazing shops... If you know what you are looking for, you can certainly find it in Chicago...

3. masterphotog

Do you have more specifics on the Loop, such as an address or landmarks? I'm not familiar with what or where the Loop is.

Thank you

4. OliverGauffe

OliverGauffe Senior member

The Loop is the downtown business section of Chicago. It can be defined technically as a loop that is made with the "L" (Chicago's antiquated elevated train/subway system)....I was going to put a link here for you, but there are so many things that come up when you search "Chicago Jeweler's Row"...many different stores specializing in diamonds, watches, etc.

I believe it is along South Wabash street.

When you arrive in Chicago, I suggest going to the Chicago Cultural Center at Michigan and Randolph before you set out. You can get a free map, and see where everything is that you need in the downtown area...

5. masterphotog

Very good info, thanks for the help!