• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Quality trousers.

TheAdMan

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy some quality cotton&wool trousers for casual and business wear.

There's alot of Mabitex sales going on here on sf, and they're good I've heard. How does Brooks Brothers Milano fit compete in quality and fit to Mabitex? Are there other brands at the same price level that I should be looking out for?

Thank you.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've wanted BB Milano to fit me well (I'm assuming you're going for a slimmer fit), but they still have too much fabric and seem a bit staid. If you can find them on sale, I've had good luck with Burberry trousers. Their London brand has some great ones that are good for business or casual. Price point is usually $275ish in my experience, but I've seen them down to $195.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Click on the Howard Yount button above.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
A friend of mine has a lot of J. Crew trousers he wears to work. They seem to fit him well. Doesn't J. Crew have a lot of sales too? You could probably get them fairly cheap. Or just get Ambrosi's.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.