• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quality suit for young guy

kaxixi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GloStiX
I'm slim and short (5'7") and a poor student to boot.

How low does RLBL ever get on sale?

And are there any drop-8 RTW's <$500?

RLBL is occasionally available for sub-500 at the end of season, or through the Woodbury outlet. Don't count on finding your size.

Z Zegna has a drop 8 and can be found for less than 500 reasonably easily at discounters like Filene's. I like their jackets more than their pants. Fabrics can be fun, but RLBL's fabric and certainly construction is better.

Franky In T.O.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ml77
Hugo Boss propose very nice clothes indeed, specially well fitted. When I said "unforgivable" I was just referring to some posts on this forum where this brand seems to be considered inferior. I believe it's still better than most of the stuff out there.

Gotcha... ya gotta take a lot of statements made on this board with a grain of salt.
smile.gif

Sunscreenboy

Reaction score
I took some of the suggestions given by this thread and went to a BB today to try on the regent and the Fitzgerald. I usually wear a 36, but both the regent and fitzgerlad were too tight around the shoulders, the SA moved me a 40, the shoulder fit better but of course the pants would need major alternation.

Does anyone else have had this issue with BB? What are some quality suits for someone with a broader shoulder wanting a trim suit?

Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads