• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quality socks

duffyfluffy123

Reaction score
Hello, previously silent ghost in styleforum but saw a lack of info in socks so I'm starting a new thread for people to find info about socks.
As i didnt find anything that provided valuable info about diffrent socks brands in one thread i decided to crate this one.
I want people to share their thoughts about the sock companies, fit, value, longevity, quality, material,customer service etc..
Personally im more intrested in brands that offer great value rather than luxury.
As im in my early 20s it would hurt my wallet less.
Quality over quantity but stay reasonable.
Im based in Europe, so most shops are based from there.
I'll list sock brand name, where its made and what store carries it. In no particular order or price. Even though when doing a completely new list i think there should be price category shown.
But feel free to talk about socks that are sold elsewhere aswell.
I have plan buying diffrent shop socks and share info about how i feel about them.
Sock companies im intrested in as of right now:
Pedemeia - Spain - Poszetka
Bresciani - Italy - Berg & Berg, Thevenetiantrader, Meschaussettesrouges
?? - Italy - Granqvist
Palatino - Italy (Rome) - Olof1982 store
Viccel - Turkey - viccel store
?? - Italy - Skolyx

Also right now bresciani socks are on sale at berg&berg, viccel has 25% off storewide sale and on thevenetiantrader you can get 3 pairs of bresciani socks 10 pounds off (3x20) from selected bundle.
On skolyx the more you buy the cheaper you get so might be good to buy in bulk with another person, if it suits as it saves quite a bit of $$$ + granqvist has cotton socks on sale.

I have purchased bresciani from berg&berg which will arrive end of july. Plan on purchasing from Viccel, granqvist and skolyx and poszetka.

A bit about my feet : Hot blooded but get cold very fast also start sweating fast and I prefer wearing socks tight and mid calf during summer/longer length winter.
Past experience: I've only tried granqvist (mid calf) merino socks. Bought too big size but after few washes were wearable. Outside my feet got fast cold in winter as they were to thin and when walking inside my feet started sweating. While moving they slipped a bit down and had to pull them back up. But thats just me.

If anyone has any info about any sock brands mentioned or new brands we should take a look at please share the info!

Last edited:

minimal1

Reaction score
OTC wools for me, mainly Marcoliani and Dapper Classics

Paul902

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I enjoy wool dress socks.

Last year I tried Corgi, both thin and thick. I really like the thin offering, but the toes in the thick gave out very quickly.

I also tried some test build from SF sponsor @once a day. Very impressed with both styles from them. I wore their thin ones many times with no problems, and I wore the their thick casual ones super hard in my ski boots. They are both standing up very well from a quality perspective.

Marcoliani is another brand you might want to check out. I bought some from my tailor at a very reasonable price. They looked good but they became part of a gift so I never had a chance to wear them.

once a day

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Last year I tried Corgi, both thin and thick. I really like the thin offering, but the toes in the thick gave out very quickly.

I also tried some test build from SF sponsor @once a day. Very impressed with both styles from them. I wore their thin ones many times with no problems, and I wore the their thick casual ones super hard in my ski boots. They are both standing up very well from a quality perspective.

Marcoliani is another brand you might want to check out. I bought some from my tailor at a very reasonable price. They looked good but they became part of a gift so I never had a chance to wear them.

Thanks for the love Paul! We're now waiting to receive the order from our supplier in Japan. The final adjustment, adding a protective string of nylon at the top, certainly elevated the durability/quality of the socks. Final version is the one to the right.
once a day - dress socks.JPG

OrlandoMo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

My company and I just happened to get in contact with Corgi. Amazing company, great philosophy, good range of products and astonishing quality.

Lately we started a collaboration with them, creating 3 new design of hand-cabled cashmere socks, trying to deliver their "Prince of Wales" 3 ply 100% Pure Cashmere socks for a lower and more accessible price (usually sold for around $218, we have them online for $98).

I tried them myself and I can assure they're honestly the best socks I've ever worn. Here are some pictures of them in natural light. We have free-return, you might as well give them a try!

Attachments

• cashmeresock1.jpeg
    cashmeresock1.jpeg
    418.1 KB · Views: 581
  • cashmeresocks.jpeg
    cashmeresocks.jpeg
    186.6 KB · Views: 1,940
Last edited:

Navro

Reaction score
Pedemeia has its own online store - pedemeia.pt. Poszetka is only polish reseller :)

TheChihuahua

Reaction score
Kirby Allison socks are by far the best I have ever tried

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can’t believe no one has been able to help with the statue with the brothers image on it. This is a thread about socks after all.

barutanseijin

Reaction score
For thin dress socks, i wear Pantherella socks most of the time. I’m pretty happy with them.

For thicker winter socks, i wear various Smartwool, Wigwam & Darn Tough. I’d prefer less synthetic material, but that’s what i have, so i just wear ‘em.

I have trouble finding medium weight socks in extra-large sizes & mostly natural fibers.

Pedro Moreira

Reaction score
My 2cents:

best by far: William Abraham. American brand purchased by “mes chaussettes rouges”. Even have a pair of socks over 1300€.

falke: excellent cashmere socks.

best money for value: Hackett. Very good for the price you pay.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads