1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Quality of WW Chan's "details" (i.e. buttons, zippers, etc)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by bigbucky, Aug 22, 2011.

Tags:
  1. bigbucky

bigbucky Senior member

Tried looking through a bunch of old posts but mostly long range shots. What kind of buttons do they use for suits? Wood, bone, plastic? Do you have to request one? Is there hand stitching on jacket and pants? Is that extra? What brand RTW suit would you compare it to in terms of the details (not fit or fabric). I'm sure this has been discussed before but can't find specific info.

2. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

Chan customarily uses horn buttons.

Can't really comment on the other stuff. Wearing Chan jackets I have variously been asked if they are Canali, Etro or Hickey-Freeman. Some men have said the closest RTW counterpart to Chan would be Canali.

3. AlexE

AlexE Senior member

What kind of buttons do they use for suits? In case of my suits they suggested horn buttons - sure you could ask for other materials (metal, mop, ...)

There is hand stitching on jackets at no extra cost

I would consider detailing of my Chan suits to be better than my Paul Stuart / Phineas Cole suits / coats if this reference works for you.

4. bigbucky

bigbucky Senior member

thanks guys, that helps

5. quar

quar Senior member

I think Chan finishing, in terms of the button-holes, and quality of the hand-stitching of the jacket, is equal, and in many cases better, to the higher end RTW I've looked at in stores (RLPL, EZ Mainline, Canali, Tom Ford).