• We are thrilled to welcome Capra Leather to the Styleforum family of official Affiliate Vendors.They are a hand crafted, made to order leather goods family company. Their products have unique designs with a aesthetic that blend minimalism, tradition and functionality. Focused on sustainability they offer a lifetime warranty on every piece.

Give Capra a warm welcome on their Official Affiliate Thread

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Quality of "Next" brand suits?

69monaro

Reaction score
While looking on the Bay for some inexpensive suits for work, I found some listings with the "Next" brand. I think it is an English store and the suits are made in China. Are these suits on par with M&S or Banana Republic?

Thanks for the help.

69Monaro

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I would rank Next below M&S, though this is based on my experience of the UK high street some 15-20 years ago. It's slightly more fashion forward.

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chobochobo
I would rank Next below M&S, though this is based on my experience of the UK high street some 15-20 years ago. It's slightly more fashion forward.

If your experience is 15 years old you are not up with how crappy it is, it has been rushing down market for years.

Never owned a next suit, but based on a few other items I have owned from next the quality must be pretty awful.

Got to M&S (although steer clear of their bottom rung) or if you can wait for the sales, in the current desperation you should be able to get something a lot better for around the same price. I picked up an suit Aquascutum, that I believe is fully canvassed for about the same price as the next suits in the spring sales.

Featured Sponsor

What do you normally wear on Mondays at work?

• Suit, shirt, and tie

• Suit and shirt, no tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, jacket or sport coat, tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, jacket or sport coat, no tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, no tie or jacket

• Casual trousers and shirt (polo, t-shirt, etc.)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wopkozx