• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quality of karl lagerfeld suits

Thumby55

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I've been looking on ebay for a suit recently and I've found a few Lagerfeld suits at a very good price. (EXAMPLE: HERE) I've got a few questions regarding them: 1) What brands are Lagerfeld suits comparable to in terms of quality, etc. 2) What price range do Lagerfeld suits usually run?

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Karl Lagerfeld men's wear is a licence held by Miltenberger Otto Aulbach GmbH in Germany. Designer is "an English chap, who does a very good job" (Lagerfeld in an interview). Apart from Lagerfeld, Miltenberger also produce the Daniel Hechter range.

I cannot comment on the quality, which might be perfectly respectable, but there is nothing very special or superior about the range.

Thumby55

Reaction score
Thx for the reply. I think I'll pass and go for someone a bit more established, such as RLPL, or Armani Collezione, maybe even Zegna if the cut isn't too conservative.

shoefan

Reaction score
For what its worth, I believe that at some point Hickey Freeman had a license to make Lagerfeld suits; the e-bay suit looks to me like one of those, from the sleeve tag. I think the HF Lagerfeld quality was okay but not up to the standards of the HF-labelled clothing.

jrmhng

Reaction score
Do we know if they are fused or canvased and at what prices they usually run for?

I was in Shanghai at a Lagerfeld boutique and the price was around $2000 USD.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads