1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Quality of karl lagerfeld suits

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Thumby55, Nov 7, 2003.

1. Thumby55

Thumby55 Member

Hey everyone, I've been looking on ebay for a suit recently and I've found a few Lagerfeld suits at a very good price. (EXAMPLE: HERE) I've got a few questions regarding them: 1) What brands are Lagerfeld suits comparable to in terms of quality, etc. 2) What price range do Lagerfeld suits usually run?

2. bengal-stripe

bengal-stripe Senior member Dubiously Honored

Karl Lagerfeld men's wear is a licence held by Miltenberger Otto Aulbach GmbH in Germany. Designer is "an English chap, who does a very good job" (Lagerfeld in an interview). Apart from Lagerfeld, Miltenberger also produce the Daniel Hechter range.

I cannot comment on the quality, which might be perfectly respectable, but there is nothing very special or superior about the range.

3. Thumby55

Thumby55 Member

Thx for the reply. I think I'll pass and go for someone a bit more established, such as RLPL, or Armani Collezione, maybe even Zegna if the cut isn't too conservative.

4. shoefan

shoefan Senior member

For what its worth, I believe that at some point Hickey Freeman had a license to make Lagerfeld suits; the e-bay suit looks to me like one of those, from the sleeve tag. I think the HF Lagerfeld quality was okay but not up to the standards of the HF-labelled clothing.

5. jrmhng

jrmhng Member

Do we know if they are fused or canvased and at what prices they usually run for?

I was in Shanghai at a Lagerfeld boutique and the price was around $2000 USD.