Quality of Fratelli Rossetti SHOES?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NMW1982, Jan 24, 2005.

1. NMW1982

NMW1982 Senior member

Does anyone own any Fratelli Rossetti shoes? I think some of their shoes look absolutely stunning. But are they worth the price? Are they well made? Do they hold up well? Any opinions? Thanks.

2. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

That glue and cardboard? [​IMG]

3. jerseyguy

jerseyguy Well-Known Member

I've never seen anything like that monstrosity at the NYC store, but I think they are decent. They used to be all blake stitched and therefore overpriced ($450-ish) at retail, when you'd be better off with Gravati.

Recently, however, they've introduced several goodyear welted models that are a good deal on sale. Last month, I bought an elegant chocolate brown goodyear-welted wholecut with channeled soles for $279. If you're not trying them on in person, know that they run at least 1/2 size large.

That said, stay away from the "FLEXA" line.

4. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Senior member

i posted a similar question a while back, and someone (possibly bengal stripe) said they were blake stitched. i think they are good shoes if you find them at a good discount.

5. marc37

marc37 Senior member

l don't own a pair but l have seen them. lndeed, they are blake stitched. They seem to be more sturdy and better made than the Moreshci.