• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quality of fade related to quality of denim

Gayestmanalive

Reaction score
Thanks.

Also, thanks for the surprisingly low amount of verbal abuse that was thrown towards me.
Quite a shock, I'm not crying or eating triple double triple chocolate ice cream by the quart yet..

So.. cool
Hah

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gayestmanalive
Sorry, the way I end up talking on forums is often out of sync with myself.
I guess what I should have asked, is it worth it for someone like me?
I guess I just answered my own question.

Sweet. Eccentrics have a home here. Don't lose your patience just yet.

You are worth it. There's a reason such things as denimheads exist. And why they're permanently not satisfied. Welcome to a whole, big new world. This is why you're getting so much initial resistance and flak.

Originally Posted by Biscotti
Just get APC, Nudie, N&F or something similair on the cheap. Go through the B&S forum, there are always good deals there. Personally I will not spend more than $150 on jeans, but I'm not a denim fanatic.

Then shut the **** up.

Originally Posted by ryanmnguyen
Yeah, I think Fuel Star would have accused you of sipping frappachinos too.

Anyways go read like everything in these threads:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk...ad.php?t=12729
http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk...ad.php?t=18704
http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk...d.php?t=148639

Word. Good start place. There's waay too much info out there to encapsulate in one thread. Even if OP meant well.

word

Reaction score
Bookmark those Sufu threads and anytime you have a denim question search there before asking because chances are it's already been asked a million times already. Especially when it comes to the commonly known brands. Basically use the search function, you can find answers faster than making a thread and waiting for replies.

Oh and when you get your jeans, whatever you decide on, forget about sick fades. Just wear them.

greasypeanut

Reaction score
Originally Posted by word
Bookmark those Sufu threads and anytime you have a denim question search there before asking because chances are it's already been asked a million times already. Especially when it comes to the commonly known brands. Basically use the search function, you can find answers faster than making a thread and waiting for replies. Oh and when you get your jeans, whatever you decide on, forget about sick fades. Just buy a bicycle and wear ur jeans while riding it.
FTFY but quality of fade is a subjective thing. ive seen some nudies that look similar to those flatheads, and u dont have to buy japanese for quality denim. search ebay or ur local marshalls for RRL. that stuff is just as good. check the RRL sufu thread for proof.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
protip: your denim won't fade if your tighty whities are in a bunch about "omg i want my fades to be sick"...

Just wear them!

greasypeanut

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Except, you know, that 95% of RRL is Japanese...
whaa?? explain. both pairs of rrls i have say made in usa. edit: u mean where the denim comes from huh?

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the quality of fades is directly proportional to the use of the Sufu search function.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by greasypeanut
whaa?? explain. both pairs of rrls i have say made in usa. edit: u mean where the denim comes from huh?
It's Japanese denim. While it's a far cry from calling them "Japanese jeans," they're more Japanese then they are American. Not to mention that RRL used to make them MIJ, too.

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mlyngard
This statement alone is worth it's weight in gold and has been spoken a thousand ways a thousand times.

Originally Posted by robertorex
protip: your denim won't fade if your tighty whities are in a bunch about "omg i want my fades to be sick"...

Just wear them!

Um, make that a thousand and one.

Originally Posted by underwearer
the quality of fades is directly proportional to the use of the Sufu search function.

Should I soak before or after search function? Will that affect my combs?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads