1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Quality of Burberry made in Italy?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by deaddog, Nov 28, 2007.

1. deaddog

deaddog Senior member

I have read a few threads about Burberry quality (or lack thereof) but I have not seen anything about Burberry made in Italy products. Specifically, I'm looking at a Burberry 100% Cashmere Made in Italy overcoat, supposedly "current" or at least no more than a year or two old with a $1900 MSRP. Any views on the quality of Burberry Made in ITaly overcoats?

2. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

Is it Burberry London or is it Burberry Prorsum?

3. deaddog

deaddog Senior member

The tag says "Burberry London"
    Thanks

4. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

Oh I don't know about that.
    I know that Prorsum made in Italy is the same tag that is inside Lanvin and someone else that I can't think of at the moment. I believe people said it was made by Canali.

5. Britalian

Britalian Senior member

Oh I don't know about that.
    I know that Prorsum made in Italy is the same tag that is inside Lanvin and someone else that I can't think of at the moment. I believe people said it was made by Canali.

I believe Canali. Could be misssssstaken......................................

6. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

I'm pretty sure I saw some suit that was made by Belvest. The inside tag will tell us. Do you have a picture?

7. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

The only Prosum I have is are knitwear and a leather coat that I could post labels of later.
    But, sounds like the OP might not have it as it seems like he was buying off eBay.

8. deaddog

deaddog Senior member

Here are pix of the tags. What do you guys think in terms of manufacturer and/or quality?
    Thanks

9. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

I don't recognize the tag.

10. deaddog

deaddog Senior member

Here are pix of the tags. What do you guys think in terms of manufacturer and/or quality?
    Thanks

Anybody have any suspicion that this is a fake? Is Burberry often faked on ebay?

11. Biscione

Biscione Senior member

I have a lot of Burberry, and that tag is completely unfamiliar.

If I were you, I would be cautious.