• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quality of Bikkembergs sneakers

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Common Projects are exactly what I'm after - high-quality, long-lasting kicks not made by sweatshop slaves - but they don't make my size. I'd despaired of finding anything similar, until I discovered that among their many ostentatious offerings Bikkembergs makes some fairly normal-looking kicks: http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/14757271/c/60238.html They're made in Italy and are pretty pricey; can I expect quality and longevity approaching CP level? Or does the price have more to do with Dirk's name on the shoe? Thanks in advance for not turning this thread into a sweatshop or sneaker price/quality flame war.

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Because of poor quality for the price, or branding? I think they're pretty understated...

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Bona what size are you again?

The cps run slightly big, I'm normally a 10.5-11 and I wear a 43. They make up to a 45 pimpin.

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really? The last CP thread featured a post from someone who seemed to know what he was talking about, to the effect that they most certainly run small. I'm a 12; will I be comfy in a 45? The prob is it's hard to find places to try them on...

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I'd call Ryan at SW and tell him you're dilemma. He's cool as hell, looks like he's got the dark grey lows in 45 and you can ask what other stock he has. Wearing my navys right now.

modual

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bona Drag
Because of poor quality for the price, or branding? I think they're pretty understated...

The branding on the side ruins them. If you want that style why not get a pair of stan smiths ?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Here you go Bona

commonnavyha3.jpg

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by modual
The branding on the side ruins them. If you want that style why not get a pair of stan smiths ?

See OP; these are made in Italy, presumably not in hellish conditions, and presumably higher quality.

I value faust's input, although I'm still confused as to the nature of his objection.

And jet, thanks - funnily enough, I did just call SW a few min ago, but I just asked about the white. I may just get the dark greys and flip 'em if I don't like the color/fit...

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Don't listen to these croutons, the branding has nothing to do with advertising the company. I think faust's objection is that they are tacky and are somewhat euro trashy. I have to side with him.

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I personally don't really like them, I don't like the branding on the side or the overall look really. On the other hand, at least they aren't ******* converse.

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Funny you should say that - my other go-to shoe was No Sweat's Chuck ripoffs, but I'm looking elsewhere because they just phased out their white shoes.

frown.gif

Also ironic: I fully support the No Sweat brand and their mission and values, but I think their branding sucks and I tear it off...

mattjames

Reaction score
I feel the need to stick my oar in as I've seen so many of these Bikkemberg-branded sneakers at online stores and have always been quite horrified by them. The branding is just awful. They look like a pretty basic and decent enough sneaker without it. Just say no.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow $200 for some copies of Puma Clydes

mongo615

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bona Drag
See OP; these are made in Italy, presumably not in hellish conditions, and presumably higher quality.

I value faust's input, although I'm still confused as to the nature of his objection.

And jet, thanks - funnily enough, I did just call SW a few min ago, but I just asked about the white. I may just get the dark greys and flip 'em if I don't like the color/fit...

I just got a white pair of achilles low in a 45 from Nom De Guerre--Give them a call. I have the light gray pair--got them from SW-- they seem a little tight (I have a wide foot) but I've hardly worn them either. I also have a pair of Bikkenbergs ig bought from YOOX last year--I like 'em. The quality's not on the level of CP, and the sole seems to wear quickly(at least on the ones with the cleated sole), but I think they're nice shoes. Hope this helps!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads