• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quality/maker of Tim Little shoes? (Made in England)

radicaldog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Came across this London shop recently:

http://www.timlittle.com/shop/index.php

Lots of celebrity-related marketing nonsense, a couple of interesting designs, relatively high prices for the quality I observed (which wasn't bad, I should say). Any info on who makes their shoes? What would be a fair quality comparison? I would have guessed somewhat below C&J bench-grade.

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Tim Little (the man) is a former PR man with an interest in shoes. This led him to design his own range of shoes, have them (initially) produced by Alfred Sargent and to open his own shop in London's King's Road. Maybe four years ago, he was appointed as the MD for Grenson and, I believe the production of his own label moved over to Grenson.

Tim Little's own label shoes are quite pleasant, but nothing really special. I haven't seen them for a few years, so I wouldn't know if the quality has gone up or down in recent years.

caldervale

Reaction score
Definitely Grenson for the English made shoes, but there are is also an Italian line and I have no idea who makes those. I have two pairs, one from the AS era and one from the Grenson era. I'm very happy with both, but they are not extraordinary shoes in any way, compared to what can be purchased on or near Jermyn Street.

The twice yearly sales (July and January) are worth looking into however, and in some sizes it's possible to get lucky on the 'bargains' section of the website.

Pengranger

Reaction score
I bought a pair of Tim Little "Bumble Bee" shoes a while ago.

They are a country style design and are very sturdy. The quality is at least as good as Tricker's.

DSC_0426a.jpg

DSC_0427a.jpg

clausc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have two pairs, I would say for these (from the Black Sole collection) the quality would be similar to Grenson Rose, but a bot more expensive. Close to the C&J benchgrade, but my TL have small imperfections. I wore only twice these boots with jeans, leather is very soft, but somehow clunky (G width).
DSC_0222.JPG
I bought them as subs (mine have no visible defects) from Sarah/retailtherapy from ebay, still available in a few sizes in their online shop

rabiesinfrance

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pengranger
I bought a pair of Tim Little "Bumble Bee" shoes a while ago.

They are a country style design and are very sturdy. The quality is at least as good as Tricker's.

DSC_0426a.jpg

DSC_0427a.jpg

It appears that Tim Little's brilliant "style concept" is to put a rubber sole onto a pair Grenson "Albert", make them in dark brown and up the price. What a load of bollocks! All to do with branding.

Pengranger

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rabiesinfrance
It appears that Tim Little's brilliant "style concept" is to put a rubber sole onto a pair Grenson "Albert", make them in dark brown and up the price. What a load of bollocks! All to do with branding.

I had no idea about Tim Little when I bought the shoes. For £100 they were a bargain. If you like the shoes and they fit, who cares about branding?

rabiesinfrance

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pengranger
I had no idea about Tim Little when I bought the shoes. For £100 they were a bargain. If you like the shoes and they fit, who cares about branding?

Bargain for a ton. What I'm on about is the 'celeb twist'. Associate a 'name' with a product, or suggest that that 'name' has 'designed' a new range and the people fall for it. Nature of things, I suppose.

Have look at this load of old bollocks:

http://www.victoriabeckham.com/

Line between high-end, quality, and high-end, fashion.

JohnnyLaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of Tim Little brogue boots, made by Grenson. I think my Trickers are better quality, but they're nice boots nonetheless. Worth buying if you can find them under $300, IMO.

kev777

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tim Little Black Sole Stormy Monday 360 degree storm welted double sole purchased for £60 all made by Grenson to Rose standard. I thought they were a bargain ........

TimLittleStormyMonday1.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics