• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Quality, Dark Wash 36x29 Jeans

Hitokiri03

Reaction score
I am currently in the process of losing weight. Being an engineering major at college has not been my friend. I gained quite a bit of weight when my studies got hard and my parents got a divorce out of nowhere. Since September I have gone from a 48 waist to a 44 waist and dropped about 35 lbs. My final weight goals are to be back where I was when I graduate high school, putting me at a 36. Here is the problem, my inseam is a 29. Are there any quality jeans with dark washes out there that are 36x29? I am 5'11" tall, but most of that is torso, obviously. I have been going through some websites and 30" inseams are what most consider their "short" side
. Any help you guys can give me is greatly appreciated.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Maybe Levi 501's, but couldn't you just get them hemmed?

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you're able to drop 12" off your waist why not keep at it? It's not like you'll be waifish at a 36 inch waist.

Hitokiri03

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nicola
If you're able to drop 12" off your waist why not keep at it? It's not like you'll be waifish at a 36 inch waist.

Well, when I had the 36 inch waist, I was playing football and weighed 210 lbs with 190 of that being bones, organs, and muscle...

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.