Quality Brushed Cotton Check Shirts Recommendations Please

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by TimH, Jun 9, 2010.

1. TimH

TimH Senior member

I am struggling to find a really good quality cool looking casual brushed cotton 'flanny' type shirt - the sort you can wear any time of year pretty well - any SF members in the know please? Tim

2. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

I am struggling to find a really good quality cool looking casual brushed cotton 'flanny' type shirt - the sort you can wear any time of year pretty well - any SF members in the know please? Tim

I've seen nice ones by PRL and Brooks Brothers. I know Lands End and LL Bean specialize in this sort of thing. Thats where I'd start.

3. TimH

TimH Senior member

I've seen nice ones by PRL and Brooks Brothers. I know Lands End and LL Bean specialize in this sort of thing. Thats where I'd start.

Cheers and thanks for the quick reply - I will begin my search!

4. A Canuker

A Canuker Senior member

I have a T&A brushed cotton shirt that I bought a few years back during a sale. They are having another right now that might price them around $125.

5. WildeMan

WildeMan Senior member

Harvie and Hudson has them at 3 for 99 GBPs. Regular fit only.

6. TimH

TimH Senior member

+1
    [​IMG]

Thanks guys - any ideas for something a bit more individual - not so lumberjackish?

7. Equus Leather

Equus Leather Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Hi Tim,

I think most of the shooting companies (Purdey, Holland and Holland etc) will do this kind of thing pretty well, as will your local agricultural merchants, though the end result might be more agricultural than your looking for.

Hackett maybe?

Charlie

8. TimH

TimH Senior member

Hi Tim,

I think most of the shooting companies (Purdey, Holland and Holland etc) will do this kind of thing pretty well, as will your local agricultural merchants, though the end result might be more agricultural than your looking for.

Hackett maybe?

Charlie

Thanks Charlie,

My limits with H&H or Purdey are ties only for now and the ag merchant's best offers round here are Tom Joules who as a mate needs more persuasion to produce the look I want. I bought a great one some years ago in a shop on the IOS but lost it in a flood. Hackett not great and a bit too yah - I'll keep looking and let you know when I get there. Best, Tim