Quality Boots f/Ladies

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Augusto86, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    that's for one boot, right?

2. Kill_switch

Kill_switch Senior member

if only i could spend more, she hates expensive clothes but for x-mas i might be able to get away with something.

3. ennui

ennui Senior member

I got this for my wife at the Ferragamo boutique:

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...stid%253D33261

I have never paid so much for any single piece of clothing or shoes in my life. But it fits her quite well, is basically a wholecut but in a boot form factor, and should last her many years since we live in a non-winter state. I recommend that you do not go this route. [​IMG]

4. Flambeur

Flambeur Senior member

I got this for my wife at the Ferragamo boutique:

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...stid%253D33261

I have never paid so much for any single piece of clothing or shoes in my life. But it fits her quite well, is basically a wholecut but in a boot form factor, and should last her many years since we live in a non-winter state. I recommend that you do not go this route. [​IMG]

Yeah my ex bought a very similar pair last year, except it was like gator+suede or something, fucking insane, but she loves it, and I love it on her.

5. Chiaroscuro

Chiaroscuro Senior member

These Sergio Rossi "Florentinas" are fucking sweet [​IMG] I love these Gucci boots [​IMG] Thigh high boots are on trend [​IMG] and booties are always good, i am partial to oxfords and peep toes [​IMG]

6. Brinbro

Brinbro Senior member

7. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    the goat is in knitting college and when she gets out I will have her give you guys the run down of the best boots for under 300.00

8. Flambeur

Flambeur Senior member

Yeah, those Louboutins look totally legit....

9. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

These are a bit out of the mainstream, but I sell the HELL out of them. Women find them really comfortable and they're priced at $185. They're by United Nude - which is Rem Koolhaas' shoe company. The body is one solid piece of industrial nylon elastic that wraps around the foot. It's a really smart design.

[​IMG]
    Fold Boot Bright Mix

[​IMG]
    Fold Boot Grey Fade

10. Geste

Geste Senior member

Yeah, those Louboutins look totally legit....

^+1

11. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Plal has the C&J women's line. Of those, I would only get the jodhpurs which are $418. I think Chelseas would look especially strange on a woman who would probably show the elastic more than men.

12. Augusto86

Augusto86 Sean Penn's Mexican love child

Thanks for ideas and suggestions, sorry I attracted spammers.

My budget goes to ~350 and I'm looking for knee-high boots.

mauro your input would be great.

13. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

There are so many varieties of womens boots/shots. This isn't MC where everyone just agrees that one type/brand of shoe is best. Lots of different styles, different comfort levels, different materials (it's not a matter of good and bad materials as much how you want it to look). Boots of all heights with w/out heels or different size heels. Leather, suede, patent, distressed, super clean and professional, with fur, buckles, other detailing, could go on for days.

I guess i just don't like the mentality where there is one brand or style that is best with mens and especially with womens. You could probably go to a good consignment or vintage shop and find some nice stuff too. Much easier to find something you like than it is with mens stuff especially when it comes to vintage/consignment shops as 99% of the stuff is really shitty (imo at least)

edit: ok, knee high that helps. What kinda style is your girl into?

I was kinda hoping this thread would turn out good as i was gonna buy chronogal some boots (although not knee high) or maybe a budget leather jacket or winter jacket. Still have time to figure out which of those 3 to buy

14. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

^ There is a shit ton, chrono you're right about that. Tonia028 ([​IMG] ), would be interested in nice quality leather, mid heel (she has foot issues that unfortunately don't allow her to wear high heels), knee high, brown leather boot with minimal gimmiks/bling in the $300 price range.

There is some ugly shit out there for men, but considering there's more women's items out there on the average, that leaves an even bigger pool of nastiness for the women.

if your girl has skinny calves you will have a tough time finding boots that fit

No kidding, it's like torture going out with her and trying to find her size (US 5-5.5) let alone a boot with smaller calf opening. WTF. Where are all the narrower calf boots at?

the goat is in knitting college and when she gets out I will have her give you guys the run down of the best boots for under 300.00

Money! That's the price range I'd be interested in as well.

15. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse