• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quality belts

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
I'm looking for quality dress belts. I'm only interested in black or brown leather belts with plain buckles, where I won't have to pay a premium to be a walking billboard for Gucci. Since I already own some nice dress belts I'm in no hurry and might consider ebay if I know what to look for.

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Throw stones at me if you will, but my Brooks Brothers belt (not from the outlet - repeat, NOT from the outlet) has served me very well for four months with no signs of wear of any kind. And it is the only belt I've found that it the PERFECT shade of dark brown.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the belts to be a soft leather. I like my Zegna in brown and my Bruno Magli in black.
I have an alligator Trafalgar that I also like very much.
Do not get Coach or anything like that, IMO.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Paul Stuart makes excellent leather belts. I have one I've worn regularly for over 15 years, in black lambsuede, and it still looks nearly new. Another one in black ostrich has held up nearly as well.

I also like Trafalgar and Robert Talbott belts. I avoid Coach based on prior negative experience.

EBay is a great place for belts. There are lots of Trafalgar belts to be found there. Lots of nice looking Allen Edmonds belts too.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Longhi at Wilkes Bashford.

Trafalgar at Marshall's.

Hermes, though not the H-buckle belt.

Richard James, at Richard James.

Edward Green, through Edward Green.

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
- No more "real" Trafalgar at Marshall's and other outlets.  They've been replaced by mediocre Made-In-China substitutes.

- Coach are mediocre at best; I purchased 4-5 belts from the Coach outlet off Ocean Ave. in Carmel, CA and they still look decent after regular wear.

- Paul Smith uses pretty good leather and offers attractive buckles for casual wear.  My go-to brown belt.

- Paul Stuart are expensive and well-made.

- I really like the Adam Derrick belts that are sold at the To Boot sample sales.  Removable buckles are a nice feature for frequent fliers.

NCT

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
JM Weston makes a very nice black/brown reversible belt. For some reason, Weston also makes incredibly tacky belts with a big "W" for a buckle.

handler4me

Reaction score
would anyone recommend the fendi logo belt? I want an exciting belt without having a tacky belt buckle.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For some reason, Weston also makes incredibly tacky belts with a big "W" for a buckle.
That would have been perfect for the Black Tie and Boots ball last week . . .

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
forgive me for hijacking this thread,(
mad.gif
) but what are the pros and cons of reversible belts? i have always assumed them to be inferior, like clip-on ties.

InfiniteSpree

Reaction score
Cartier American Tank. Simple, refined, reversible black / brown.

Jon.
Jon,
Can you post a picture of your belt? I've never actually seen a Cartier belt, and I've been curious since you mention it from time to time.
Thanks.

Ryan

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads