• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quality belts

bubba04

Reaction score
Hey guys--

Besides Epaulet, any suggestions where I could find a belt in the same leather finish as the one pictured below? I like the one in the picture except:

1. I wish they had it with a brushed steel finish buckle and
2. They don't have my size.

TIA

Last edited:

jerrybrowne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

bubba04

Reaction score
Thank you! Any others? Preferably in the U.S.?

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Tanner Goods, carried by Unionmade and many other fine establishments.

bubba04

Reaction score
Hmmm, so after closer examination, it looks from the pictures on their site that they stamp their logo on the OUTSIDE of their belts?? Do they expect that you wear the belt long enough to cover the logo with the other end of the belt? Even if that's the case, that's a major turn off...

Any other suggestions for quality belts along these lines but with no stamped logos?

NotoriousMarquis

Reaction score

Hmmm, so after closer examination, it looks from the pictures on their site that they stamp their logo on the OUTSIDE of their belts?? Do they expect that you wear the belt long enough to cover the logo with the other end of the belt? Even if that's the case, that's a major turn off...

Any other suggestions for quality belts along these lines but with no stamped logos?

My tanner belt end covers the logo entirely. Unless you order it so you're on the very last hole, you'll be fine. I love my tanner belt.

bubba04

Reaction score
Thought I should share that while looking at the web site for Tanner Goods, I noticed that they accommodate special requests through the online order form, so I picked up the phone and called them to ask whether I could have a belt ordered that does not have a stamp on the outside, and the answer was NO. I then asked if they would put their stamp on the inside of the belt and they said NO.

I have to wonder if their belts are not really sold for $100 with a mandatory $12 discount for the free advertisement. :paranoia:

Seems like a ridiculous way to keep from winning over a new customer...

bubba04

Reaction score
Closing the loop on this saga, I've just called Epaulet to find out if they would be re-stocking on their unfinished bridle leather single prong belt:

and was dismayed to find that they are discontinuing that line. :butbut:

Matt, the super-friendly associate who answered the phone, suggested that I take a look at Corter Leather, but it appears to be a one-man shop and the guy seems to have enough orders that he's currently not taking any as of July of last year! :brick:

So I'm back to square 1, looking for anyone's suggestion on a quality belt such as the one above. Anyone with any suggestions, please reply!

Last edited:

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Closing the loop on this saga, I've just called Epaulet to find out if they would be re-stocking on their unfinished bridle leather single prong belt:

and was dismayed to find that they are discontinuing that line. :butbut:
Matt, the super-friendly associate who answered the phone, suggested that I take a look at Corter Leather, but it appears to be a one-man shop and the guy seems to have enough orders that he's currently not taking any as of July of last year! :brick:
So I'm back to square 1, looking for anyone's suggestion on a quality belt such as the one above. Anyone with any suggestions, please reply!

They have some in the sale section. I just picked up one with the double prong when ordering my Carmina boots. I would check there first ($59).

bubba04

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, but I've already done that -- check item # 2 on the original post:

2. They don't have my size.

:embar:

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the reply, but I've already done that -- check item # 2 on the original post:
:embar:

You must be a pretty big gu then as I just picked up a 38 even though I am a 34. Remember it is only a problem if the belt is too small.

jacksonvillian

Reaction score

Regular leather is so boring. Go for a matte croc or gator. I've met guys with elephant and shark that looks really good too.

bubba04

Reaction score
Heh, no, I'm not a complete *****, I take a size 36 belt, and the single-prong belt from Epaulet that has the nickel buckle that I want is only available in size 30...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads