1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Quality (and Sizing) of C&J Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Hard2Fit, Sep 10, 2006.

1. chobochobo

chobochobo Senior member Moderator

Found out today from a delivery of a pair of C&J Marstons, that when it comes to handgrades I can fit into 9.5 (today's shoes) as well as 10.5 (pair of RLs) when my usual size is 10D. C&J Handgrades are nice shoes, but most of you knew that anyway [​IMG]

2. Stu

Stu Senior member

I saw some crockett and jones shoes at bensilver.com that don't show up in the plal.com website, does c&j make shoes specific for bensilver.com ?

Yes. C&J would make them specific for the Styleforum too if we ordered like 12 pair at once.

3. dkzzzz

dkzzzz Senior member

I don't see C&J Belmoir model anywhere. Are they out of production?
    I have a pare from a couple of years ago in oak and I would like to patinate them. Any of you gents know how to do it without ruining them?
    I remember there was a thread about patination, but alas direct advice was not provided.

4. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

There is a chance you'll get these. And they'll be cheaper than the Weymouths [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ooooh... what are those?

5. Leaveitothexperts

Leaveitothexperts Senior member

There is a chance you'll get these. And they'll be cheaper than the Weymouths [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ed, very nice shoes. What are they?

6. chobochobo

chobochobo Senior member Moderator

Ed, very nice shoes. What are they?

Tramezzas. And mine, I hope [​IMG]

7. pinchi22

pinchi22 Senior member

Styling is subjective but my C&J handgrades (Whitehalls) definitively rival my Alfred Sargents and A-Es in quality of leather and workmanship. But, what has most surprised me is that, unlike the others: (i) they look as good one year later as on day 1, and (ii) I can walk for an hour in total comfort.

They were more expensive than the others (even on sale), but sometimes you do get what you pay for. [​IMG]