• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quality and general info question about Spiewak?

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had never heard of or seen Spiewak until I was looking in the buy/sell thread a few weeks back and came across a jacket a member here was selling. I liked the look and price so I checked out their site and the site has a decent look. Does anyone own any? what is the overall quality like? how is the fit (slim or american)? do you recommend it for general outwear on the cheap side (since their prices seem to be quite reasonable).

BubblyMasquerade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
military grade.......
between slim and american.......
outerwear is fine if you like goretex and stuff like that.

pitboss12

Reaction score
I have Spiewak's Nunatak toggle coat. Fit is closer to slim than it is to American. The coat seems to be made for durability. Spiewak is a good choice for reasonably priced outerwear. My only complaint about my coat is that it is a tad warm for California winters.
confused.gif

wonderwall

Reaction score
so the other day, i went to try on a made in usa n-3b (i think it's the more expensive version with the genuine fur hood trim. the faux fur one is made in china and costs less, i think).

my chest measures 33 and my best fitting shirt measures 36. the extra three inches ensures that it's not skin-tight, but gives me a nice slim-fit. i tried on a tagged size 38 n-3b and it felt huge on me. it must've measured around 44.

are the n-3b jackets oversized? what size would i need to buy? a 32? does it come in a 32?

mondayc

Reaction score
I love my polyester jacket from Spiewak; Very comfy and warm, even if it's not quite "SF aesthetic." I feel I should mention that some of their pieces are cut quite short. Check the measurements before you buy.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a Spiewak Pearson duffle coat and it's my absolute favorite coat. Very durable and very warm.

factorial

Reaction score
I just picked up a Spiewak and really like it. Have gotten compliments on it already.

Since it's brand new, hard to comment on the quality. Seems to be decent construction, though. The coat I have is fully lined and has a 3M Thinsulate lining, so it's got a "technical" fabrics in there, not just cotton/wool if you are only into natural fibers. I did have a snap come off, but it will go back on (it's two pieces of metal that unsnapped so just need to snap them back in).

At least on the coat I bought, I think the cut is pretty slim for outerwear.

One annoying thing is that it does have a logo on the sleeve.

wonderwall

Reaction score
haha, guys, this is an old thread. i don't think he needs to know about the quality of spiewak anymore. have any of you had experience with the n-3b? the sizing on that seems a bit whack. thanks again. haha. sorry for old thread bump.

itsjustadrian

Reaction score
it's better than posting a new thread about them. gj with the search function
smile.gif

Batistuta

Reaction score
RE: Spiewak... Depends what your use is. I've had the Mead Field Jacket for a couple of years... perfect for the chilly Fall/Winter days, catching a match and a few pints with the lads.

Arms_Akimbo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wonderwall
haha, guys, this is an old thread. i don't think he needs to know about the quality of spiewak anymore. have any of you had experience with the n-3b? the sizing on that seems a bit whack. thanks again. haha. sorry for old thread bump.
Sizing doesn't sound wack, it sounds like you tried on a coat 2-3 sizes too big (which you did). Try a half size up, a 34.

cmsmith

Reaction score
just picked up a spiewak jacket the other day, I really like it thus far. Quality seems good enough, especially given the price. The cut is slim enough, given that I'm not a super slim guy (6'1-180-185) and its nice and warm.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what coat / what size? i'm 5'11" 180lb and am looking at some spiewak

iwhelan

Reaction score
I think the quality is pretty good for the prices. The coat I have for sale has a nice soft cotton exterior and isn't very thick but is warm because of the thinsulate. The button thread has a bit more play in it on some of them than it should, but they're not coming off, they're just a little loose.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads