Pyjamas - when do you put them on and do you wander around the house in them?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by merkur, Oct 4, 2008.

1. merkur

merkur Senior member

2. Zenny

Zenny Senior member

[​IMG] I just wear them at home, I have this really nice pair in baby blue seersucker tartan. No cuffs.

3. bbaquiran

bbaquiran Senior member

I don't wear pyjamas anymore (I just sleep in a old clean t-shirt and boxers) -- but when I did I'd put them on just before getting into bed. I wouldn't wander around the house in them.

4. orthofrancis

orthofrancis Senior member

Don't wear them unless I'm sick. Generally, I eschew clothes when sleeping with the wife.( or girlfriend before I was married). I'll throw on a pair of boxers or shorts if I need to wander around where the curtains are open. I'm fairly impervious to cold, and keep the house cool at night in the winter (60F or 15C). Never really saw the point in buying nice pajamas, since I don't use them.

5. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

I usually only wear pyjamas in winter - the flannel ones - and the rest of year I wear boxer shorts and a t-shirt to bed.

It really depends on what I'm doing as to when I change into pyjamas. If I have no plans and am just going to stay at home once I arrive home from work, I might change straight out of my work clothes and into my pyjamas.

6. HermesGuy

HermesGuy Senior member

Is this a Prequel to the slipper Thread?

7. lermontov

lermontov Senior member

I wear them around the house before dressing of a morning

8. goodlife

goodlife Senior member

Used to wear boxers or scrubs, but a couple years ago the GF bought me a couple pairs of RL Polo at the discount stores. The patterns I have are all neutral stripes on blue. The pants are not sewn with a cuff, but I usually roll them, as they are a little long. The tops came as a set with the bottoms, and are enormous, so I usually just wear a cotton tee. Sometimes the GF uses the tops as a nightgown. Pretty sexy!

I pretty much get into them when I get home from work. If I go out I change clothes anyway. We do not really have unexpected guests, so it is no big deal. I find that this arrangement really helps me to mentally/psychologically separate school/work from home life.

I have been looking for the perfect silk dressing gown with either a navy, burgundy, or bottle green base with a pattern like micro paisley or polka-dot.

9. smoothie

smoothie Senior member

Still wearing my pj's now and its 5 in afternoon!

10. Businessness

Businessness Well-Known Member

I really don't understand the appeal of pyjamas in this day and age. I usually sleep regardless of season in harem tapered sweat pants and feel comfortable enough with them to walk out of the house to the supermarket for example.

Also the way pyjamas are usually set out seems a pointless compromise to me although by the same token I can see someone else viewing them as ideal. In the peak summer I'll remove layers down to my underwear if it's too hot and the pyjamas don't serve any purpose here and in the winter the material is too thin to offer adequate warmth

11. GBR

GBR Senior member

Agree, I had to buy some when in hospital when years ago, threw them away when discharged - I have no plans to go back!

Hate pyjamas with a vengeance, they serve no useful function generally.