• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Putting Your Own Blakeys On

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had several sets of Blakeys I bought from eBay a while ago and never had them installed. So fueled bu Scotch and Shoe Damage pics I decided to start installing them myself. The nails that came with them would work on heels but I need them for toes. So I snipped the nails in half and hammered them in a pair of EGs. Came out good.

Can anyone see why I shouldn't continue with the rest of my shoes?

Thanks

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are they loud since they are not flush mounted? B. Nelson can do it for $35 installed.

Also, did you put it right up to the edge?

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NORE
I've had several sets of Blakeys I bought from eBay a while ago and never had them installed. So fueled bu Scotch and Shoe Damage pics I decided to start installing them myself. The nails that came with them would work on heels but I need them for toes. So I snipped the nails in half and hammered them in a pair of EGs. Came out good.

Can anyone see why I shouldn't continue with the rest of my shoes?

Thanks

Drive on. This is not complicated work.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Xiaogou
Are they loud since they are not flush mounted? B. Nelson can do it for $35 installed.

Also, did you put it right up to the edge?

I put them just about up to the edge on shoes that have been worn at least twice.

Originally Posted by alliswell
Drive on. This is not complicated work.

It's not. Except without the proper tools one might end up with a hole in their thigh like me
frown.gif

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's not. Except without the proper tools one might end up with a hole in their thigh like me
frown.gif

crackup[1].gif

Kingstonian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I put them just about up to the edge on shoes that have been worn at least twice.

frown.gif

Not a lot is needed. A hammer, a pincer to cut the nails and a last to put the shoe on while you hammer the nails in. I have my father's old last.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately that last was my thigh. Ouch
frown.gif
Worked out well otherwise. I will update if I kill myself walking in the shoes.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Id did it after posting the OP. I still have the hole in my thigh. Is that what you want a pic of? My thigh?
lookaround.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads